Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nice article from David Walsh on Unai's impact

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am quite surprised we were top at this stage in any of the seasons you have listed never mind 60% of them.
    Yeah me too - although perhaps the collapses did tend to happen Jan/Feb or so. Also, I seem to recall so many absolute hammerings by the other top 4/5 clubs that even if we were top or very close I never really felt like we had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah me too - although perhaps the collapses did tend to happen Jan/Feb or so. Also, I seem to recall so many absolute hammerings by the other top 4/5 clubs that even if we were top or very close I never really felt like we had a chance.
    Just for the record I don’t think we are really in any title race this season. We have had a magnificent run since the Chelsea game but inevitably will hit a patch at some point, one that I would not expect City or Liverpool to have, possibly Chelsea neither.

Interesting few weeks ahead. Couple of injuries just happening to stretch resources throughout the team, lots of games to play, Ozil gone missing to be sold in January, two remaining central defenders out this weekend so I guess we play a three of Lichsteiner, Koscielny and Monreal which probably was not in the script and who at best could be a risk, Torreira one game from a ban, Spurs in the Cup and Liverpool in the League.

Just for the record I don’t think we are really in any title race this season. We have had a magnificent run since the Chelsea game but inevitably will hit a patch at some point, one that I would not expect City or Liverpool to have, possibly Chelsea neither.

Interesting few weeks ahead. Couple of injuries just happening to stretch resources throughout the team, lots of games to play, Ozil gone missing to be sold in January, two remaining central defenders out this weekend so I guess we play a three of Lichsteiner, Koscielny and Monreal which probably was not in the script and who at best could be a risk, Torreira one game from a ban, Spurs in the Cup and Liverpool in the League.
    If we sell Ozil and Ramsey, we have just about precisely hold on let me count it all up here we are: zero creativity in our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Comparative positions for this date over the past five seasons
    2017/18 5th 17 points from the leaders but only one point off 4th and 2 off third
    2016/17 1st (level on points)
    2015/16 1st (1 point clear)
    2014/15 6th 13 from leaders 2 from fourth and third
    2013/14 1st (five points clear)

Only two of those seasons back up your claim and three tell a very different story at this stage
    This suggests you're a lying c*nt Anaconda...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-league-scores

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If we sell Ozil and Ramsey, we have just about precisely hold on let me count it all up here we are: zero creativity in our squad.
    Yeah, because Lacazette, Boomerang and Mikkie don't create anything

This suggests you're a lying c*nt Anaconda...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-league-scores
    And this...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eek-16-results

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There is no if in regards to the Welsh, we are selling Ramsey or more accurately allowing him to leave, one cannot call it a sale if the exit is left until the summer and no fee is received.

I have no idea what is occurring with Ozil. The manner of his excusion from Bournemouth was simply beyond logic and hints at issues, his continued absence since then, including for some huge domestic games, on the basis of a back injury, a little suspicious at best. Given the drain he is on the relative limited finances available to the club I for one would not be surprised one jot to see him leave.

It would be wrong of you to suggest there absence removes all creativity from the current playing staff and anyway I would expect the new summer window to be quite a busy period for us.

Yeah, because Lacazette, Boomerang and Mikkie don't create anything
    Oh yes, a classic 10 and two trequartistas there.

Idiot.

All true - but after watching us against Liverpool, Spurs, ManU and even Chelsea away I no longer fear any team.

I could see us winning our next few league games and beating Liverpool at Anfield. It's not *that* unreasonable anymore given our winning streak and second half performances.

AC Milan?

Fenerbahce ?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”