Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nice article from David Walsh on Unai's impact

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is no if in regards to the Welsh, we are selling Ramsey or more accurately allowing him to leave, one cannot call it a sale if the exit is left until the summer and no fee is received.

I have no idea what is occurring with Ozil. The manner of his excusion from Bournemouth was simply beyond logic and hints at issues, his continued absence since then, including for some huge domestic games, on the basis of a back injury, a little suspicious at best. Given the drain he is on the relative limited finances available to the club I for one would not be surprised one jot to see him leave.

It would be wrong of you to suggest there absence removes all creativity from the current playing staff and anyway I would expect the new summer window to be quite a busy period for us.
    Where are we going to find a Tony Currie in the summer, eh? Or a Stan Bowles? Because that's what we need right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is no if in regards to the Welsh, we are selling Ramsey or more accurately allowing him to leave, one cannot call it a sale if the exit is left until the summer and no fee is received.

I have no idea what is occurring with Ozil. The manner of his excusion from Bournemouth was simply beyond logic and hints at issues, his continued absence since then, including for some huge domestic games, on the basis of a back injury, a little suspicious at best. Given the drain he is on the relative limited finances available to the club I for one would not be surprised one jot to see him leave.

It would be wrong of you to suggest there absence removes all creativity from the current playing staff and anyway I would expect the new summer window to be quite a busy period for us.
    There is another possibility we should not dismiss - Ozil mans up, listens to Unai, and turns into the player he could be and the club get a big boost as a world class player reaches his potential for us. Just saying like...

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    This suggests you're a lying c*nt Anaconda...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-league-scores
    I distinctly said "this date" though I must admit I didn't see Chelsea had a game in hand tbf
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38193110

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh yes, a classic 10 and two trequartistas there.

Idiot.
    You said zero creativity in the squad. If we lose Ramsey and Ozil. Zero. No one else is capable of creativity. Not one of them.

And I'm the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I distinctly said "this date" though I must admit I didn't see Chelsea had a game in hand tbf
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38193110
    Then you were guilty of poor analysis as the calendar date is not meaningful, only the number of games.

HA!

There is another possibility we should not dismiss - Ozil mans up, listens to Unai, and turns into the player he could be and the club get a big boost as a world class player reaches his potential for us. Just saying like...
    Well yes, not impossible at all, he could awaken from his absence this weekend and put in a stellar performance as we all know he can, however one cannot but think that is a slim prospect given events of recent weeks.

Remember this is a man retired from the rigours of international football, a man who relatively speaking would have been well rested but was then deemed to be not up for the fight of Bournemouth where he was clearly not injured.

His sore back having come afterwards.

Nah, this all stinks of pish. This is Mourinho v Pogba without the lunatic egotistical element of that particular shítfest.

Then you were guilty of poor analysis as the calendar date is not meaningful, only the number of games.

HA!
    It was the only data available and is valid as a rough guide. It certainly disproved your point that we were out of the running by this "time" - you're clearly wrong about three of those five seasons here and your failure to acknowledge so just undermines you

It was the only data available and is valid as a rough guide. It certainly disproved your point that we were out of the running by this "time" - you're clearly wrong about three of those five seasons here and your failure to acknowledge so just undermines you
    Where did I fail to acknowledge it? I admitted I was surprised by the fact that we were top of the league or very close three times which is effectively acknowledging it. Although it wasn't really true, was it? If you want to play with numbers over the past four seasons at the same stage of the season we have been 17, 13, 6 and 4 points back.

So 'out of it by now' twice in four seasons. And that analysis when compared to our current position does not reflect the great start that City and Liverpool have had, of course.

Where did I fail to acknowledge it? I admitted I was surprised by the fact that we were top of the league or very close three times which is effectively acknowledging it. Although it wasn't really true, was it? If you want to play with numbers over the past four seasons at the same stage of the season we have been 17, 13, 6 and 4 points back.

So 'out of it by now' twice in four seasons. And that analysis when compared to our current position does not reflect the great start that City and Liverpool have had, of course.
    City actually had four more points this time last season than Liverpool do this

City actually had four more points this time last season than Liverpool do this