Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any news on Holding?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Redbreast 15 is a fine drop.
    Y’see, Headhear denounced that as being sweet as treacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was given a bottle of such a thing by my good friend berni. We sat after dinner and sampled it. Then we sampled it some more. After that we smapled a little bit and simpled some and soon there was none left and I woke up in the morning with a sore bottom
    Weird coincidences. I was having a lunchtime pint in my local and the new barman looks oddly familiar. Then it lands. I’ve been watching This Country on your recommendation and he’s the bloke who wrote the ‘threatening letters’ to Kerry about how strong she was. Name’s Jimmy Walker and he’s hoping to be written into series 3.

How fůcking odd is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Weird coincidences. I was having a lunchtime pint in my local and the new barman looks oddly familiar. Then it lands. I’ve been watching This Country on your recommendation and he’s the bloke who wrote the ‘threatening letters’ to Kerry about how strong she was. Name’s Jimmy Walker and he’s hoping to be written into series 3.

How fůcking odd is that?
    You see, I take that as proof that there must be a God, directing events. How else would you bump into Jimmy Walker like that?

Did you see what I mean about 'peeping' being unaccountably hilarious? "He was peeping in the 60s, peeping in the 70s, peeping in the 80s on your Auntie Linda..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You see, I take that as proof that there must be a God, directing events. How else would you bump into Jimmy Walker like that?

Did you see what I mean about 'peeping' being unaccountably hilarious? "He was peeping in the 60s, peeping in the 70s, peeping in the 80s on your Auntie Linda..."

I do. I think Kerry’s mum is my favourite character. Although Len with the smelly trousers is good, too.

Y’see, Headhear denounced that as being sweet as treacle.
    Headgear innit.

He is probably Rich.

I do. I think Kerry’s mum is my favourite character. Although Len with the smelly trousers is good, too.
    Kerry's mum is Kerry, of course. I rather like the vicar's druggy son.

So much good stuff in there. "I got enemies in South Cerney, I got enemies in North Cerney, I got enemies in Cerney Wick. ause: I GOT ENEMIES IN BOURTON-ON-THE-WATER!"

It's very much close by v's home area, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I follow you, I just don't agree with you. Wenger rightly recognised that the consistency to finish top 4 over that period was an incredible achievement in itself. Finishing their once is now considered 'something'.

This doesn't belittle first.
    Of course, we all recognised all that. But it was an enormous strategic error to state it publicly, as it suggested to everyone that actually winning the league was beyond us and merely finishing in the top four was fine.

It's true, of course it is! It goes without saying. But that does not mean the leader of our organisation ought to get caught saying it. People want him to show a bit more spirit. Confidence.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh well I'm glad we're playing a lot better. Along with the "4th placed trophy" the "20 games unbeaten" trophy and the "above spurs for three days" trophy, we're on course for a glorious quadruple.
    At least you don't type "alot." This is something.