Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so if the fella who threw a banana skin didn't do it with a racial intention

so if the fella who threw a banana skin didn't do it with a racial intention

it means all of the people reporting it are racist for interpreting it that way?

apparently he's known black people all his life.

The lad who threw the banana at Bale got done for racism.

Not sure how that verdict was reached imo unless it’s an admittance of Bale’s ape ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it means all of the people reporting it are racist for interpreting it that way?

I thought it had to be an uneaten 'nana to be racist, the guy probably just likes bananas and had just finished one. Bet he wishes he'd taken an apple to the game now.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I thought it had to be an uneaten 'nana to be racist, the guy probably just likes bananas and had just finished one. Bet he wishes he'd taken an apple to the game now.
    Shouldn't be allowed to take bananas into the stadium. highly dangerous you can rob banks with them an all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Apparently it was the discarded skin of a banana eaten by a boy beside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Normally, I would be leaping to this chap's defence and saying he's being treated unfairly.

However, he's a Tottenham fan, so fùck 'im.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Normally, I would be leaping to this chap's defence and saying he's being treated unfairly.

However, he's a Tottenham fan, so fùck 'im.
    Pretty much where I stand on this

But surely apes like full bananas and not just the skin? I'm not seeing the racism angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    But surely apes like full bananas and not just the skin? I'm not seeing the racism angle.
    I do sort of agree with this but then i still can't help but think that a) chucking anything is just dumb and b) a banana skin at a black player, at some point would your brain not compute that this could be taken rather badly.

It was a penalty, he was likely to score and quite likely to run that way. I'd say he had plenty of time to prepare and at no point did he think, this is a very bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do sort of agree with this but then i still can't help but think that a) chucking anything is just dumb and b) a banana skin at a black player, at some point would your brain not compute that this could be taken rather badly.

It was a penalty, he was likely to score and quite likely to run that way. I'd say he had plenty of time to prepare and at no point did he think, this is a very bad idea
    There is another health and safety aspect here. what if he slipped on the skin.