Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Guardian are excitedly running as their main story a study

The Guardian are excitedly running as their main story a study

they claim shows endemic racial bias in British society yet appears to be based entirely on nothing more than the subjective feelings of ethnic minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    they claim shows endemic racial bias in British society yet appears to be based entirely on nothing more than the subjective feelings of ethnic minorities.

I wonder whether I'm just naive, but the chap who was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Aubameyang... they're not suggesting it was worse because, y'know, black guy, banana? We grew out of that in 1982, surely? I mean, the bloke just chucked a banana because that was what he had to hand, right?

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wonder whether I'm just naive, but the chap who was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Aubameyang... they're not suggesting it was worse because, y'know, black guy, banana? We grew out of that in 1982, surely? I mean, the bloke just chucked a banana because that was what he had to hand, right?

Right?
    exactly that, sc

https://twitter.com/LxcasMoura/statu...31209812099073

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That's a relief, really. It would be bizarre to find out that such attitudes still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's a relief, really. It would be bizarre to find out that such attitudes still exist.
    I’m concerned that a little boy ate a banana, and then thought it was ok to just leave the skin on the floor. Has he no concept of health and safety? It’s appalling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I’m concerned that a little boy ate a banana, and then thought it was ok to just leave the skin on the floor. Has he no concept of health and safety? It’s appalling imo.
    I thought that too.

Just reinforces what I've always thought about them. They're savages.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    To be fair, that bloke can’t even spell racist...

Yes. Oddly enough, if you give people the opportunity to excuse their personal and professional failures as being due to racism, a lot of them will. Surveys such as these are meaningless as data and serve only as convenient hooks on which to hang a bit of grievance-mongering.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, that bloke can’t even spell racist...
    he supports them, b. What do you expect?

I like their story about the Nigerian President denying he is dead

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...laced-by-clone