Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok so that was quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I’m at home and on an iPad so typing anything of any length is a pain so I couldn’t be bothered tearing your insanely over simplistic analysis apart.

Had I bothered it would have been along the lines of reducing Wenger’s’s performance to one win in a aseason in which we finished sixth is pretty stupid and it ignores all that Unai has achieved so quickly with relatively little investment.
    I suppose the fact the AR came on and made a huge difference and seems far more suited to that position than Ozil will be brushed off??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I suppose the fact the AR came on and made a huge difference and seems far more suited to that position than Ozil will be brushed off??
    True but Ozil would have been preferable Mhiki......

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I have to admit that Ramsey made a huge difference in the 2nd half.

And...we've got our Iwobi back He was fúcking shít.

Great atmosphere again, some good goals and our players giving it handbags with the opposition

Nice to see a manager celebrating properly in the dugouts too.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I have to admit that Ramsey made a huge difference in the 2nd half.

And...we've got our Iwobi back He was fúcking shít.

Great atmosphere again, some good goals and our players giving it handbags with the opposition

Nice to see a manager celebrating properly in the dugouts too.
    It sounds a cliche but I can’t remember the last time we looked so ‘up for it’. I particularly liked the scuffle after their first goal when no Spurs c*nt wanted any part of Kolasinac

Proper derby that was.

It sounds a cliche but I can’t remember the last time we looked so ‘up for it’. I particularly liked the scuffle after their first goal when no Spurs c*nt wanted any part of Kolasinac

Proper derby that was.
    Last year's was a pwoper derby that we won convincingly!!!1111!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Last year's was a pwoper derby that we won convincingly!!!1111!!!!!!!
    I was referring more to the off the pitch aspects. This years win should be put within the context of a new manager with new ideas and a new way of playing having spent a relatively small amount of money and having gone 19 games without loss.

Last year’s context would be more along the lines of Wenger’s team were always capable of a one off game but ultimately they finished 6th.

I was referring more to the off the pitch aspects. This years win should be put within the context of a new manager with new ideas and a new way of playing having spent a relatively small amount of money and having gone 19 games without loss.

Last year’s context would be more along the lines of Wenger’s team were always capable of a one off game but ultimately they finished 6th.
    And ultimately we're once again scrambling around for the top 4 trophy

And ultimately we're once again scrambling around for the top 4 trophy
    Well, yes.

Once Arsenal dropped down to 5th / 6th in the last couple of seasons, the media started to pick up that finishing in the top4 is a real achievement.

There will be less scrambling about our 4th place finish this season
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, yes.

Once Arsenal dropped down to 5th / 6th in the last couple of seasons, the media started to pick up that finishing in the top4 is a real achievement.

There will be less scrambling about our 4th place finish this season
    You think we're nailed on for top 4?

Blimey.

You think we're nailed on for top 4?

Blimey.
    That does seem rather bold, I must say.

It also basically guarantees United tearing us a new one. Thanks a lot, iufg.