Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NLD weekend

NLD weekend

Simply put the most exciting weekend of the Premier League schedule.

If you do not get a massive, almost perverse, sense of joy and excitement from this imminent fixture then as a great man once said you need a new hobby.

I predict that by early afternoon that effete sham that is Monty will be on talking in detail about his sense of fear and dread.

Is it any surprise he was constantly bullied in his youth / teenage years. He probably still is, but by teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

If you do not get a massive, almost perverse, sense of joy and excitement from this imminent fixture then as a great man once said you need a new hobby.

I predict that by early afternoon that effete sham that is Monty will be on talking in detail about his sense of fear and dread.

Is it any surprise he was constantly bullied in his youth / teenage years. He probably still is, but by teenagers.
    I've always, always anticipated this fixture with deep forboding. I think it stems from the fact that when I started attending these games, we were peculiarly shíte and they were really quite good, so there was always a decent chance we might take a good hiding. As well as the fact that there was a more than decent chance of getting a good hiding on your way to and from the stadium. Or in the stadium.

It is a horrible game to watch (unless we are putting them to the sword) and only when it is over can you really enjoy it (or otherwise).

No other game makes me feel this way.

this one sticks out as quite a joyous day...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It is a horrible game to watch (unless we are putting them to the sword) and only when it is over can you really enjoy it (or otherwise).

My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored.
    Early 80s.

Sunderland. Woodcock. iirc
    2-0

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Have you seen Tim Sherwood's NLD XI?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/tim-s...ed-xi-8193681/

I think I'd include Ozil over Winks, Aubameyang over Son and Torreira over Dier. Maybe Monreal over Davies too but other than that, I'd agree.

Early 80s.

Sunderland. Woodcock. iirc
    2-0

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al.
    Lord yes, I remember that one well. We might have bumped into each other.

I've just checked and we won my first four, from April 79 to August 80. After that it went very much downhill, culminating with getting done 5-0 at their place. A particularly miserable way to celebrate my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I think I'd include Ozil over Winks, Aubameyang over Son and Torreira over Dier. Maybe Monreal over Davies too but other than that, I'd agree.
    Fúck off Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

"Tim Sherwood embarrasses himself with his north London derby combined XI"

Exactly my HR friend.

It is this sense of nervous excitement that is the very essence of being a football supporter.

EIE.