Jofra Archer eligible for England selection from 1st Jan 2019 :cloud9:

93mph+

We need to be playing on bunsens from now on, r

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    93mph+
    :spinkings:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A legspinner and a 90+ mph paceman. Back to the glory days of Salisbury and Malcolm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A legspinner and a 90+ mph paceman. Back to the glory days of Salisbury and Malcolm imo.
    Tbf Devon won us a few Tests. Salisbury was just woeful. If Stone can stay fit and Archer comes good there may be life after Jimmy and Broad yet. Still no opening batsman though

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    93mph+
    With that name I'm guessing he isn't English born and bred.

Which country have you lot pinched this one from?

Born in Barbados but has an English father

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    With that name I'm guessing he isn't English born and bred.

Which country have you lot pinched this one from?
    (Not Jeffrey.) Has a British passport and wants to play for England. Seems fair

(Not Jeffrey.) Has a British passport and wants to play for England. Seems fair
    Does he talk with that lovely Caribbean lilt and a deep baritone voice like Michael Holding?

Lord but I could listen to Michael Holding talk about cricket for hours. IF so, he should be playing for the West Indies.

The pitch is largely irrelevant when you're capable of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand imo.

He'll only be 25 when we next tour Australia. How do you suppose Steve Smith will enjoy Archer fizzing them at his throat?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Does he talk with that lovely Caribbean lilt and a deep baritone voice like Michael Holding?

Lord but I could listen to Michael Holding talk about cricket for hours. IF so, he should be playing for the West Indies.
    No. He's Bajan rather than Jamaican. They have less sonorous accents, but in my experience spend less time threatening you with physical violence in them due to being much, much nicer.

No. He's Bajan rather than Jamaican. They have less sonorous accents, but in my experience spend less time threatening you with physical violence in them due to being much, much nicer.
    We had an overseas last summer from St Thomas called Garnet. Huge and quick, if a little erratic. And just about the loveliest man you could hope to meet. Wd Garnet.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-29-2018 at 02:21 PM.