Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jofra Archer eligible for England selection from 1st Jan 2019 :cloud9:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The pitch is largely irrelevant when you're capable of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand imo.

He'll only be 25 when we next tour Australia. How do you suppose Steve Smith will enjoy Archer fizzing them at his throat?
    He has a lot of work to do before he is “capable of of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand” in the first class game imo. Great prospect of course

will be good to seen him in the Big Bash again. Try and gauge how much he’s improved from last year.

For England I’d skip T20s altogether with him and start him off in ODIs and start making him think about the longer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He has a lot of work to do before he is “capable of of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand” in the first class game imo. Great prospect of course
    If he's playing First Class cricket next summer then Whittaker/Fraser need to be shot. He should exclusively remain with the England camp from now.

Jofra has even said how desperate he is to make his debut in the Windies this winter. Hopefully that's in a Test Match.

If he's playing First Class cricket next summer then Whittaker/Fraser need to be shot. He should exclusively remain with the England camp from now.

Jofra has even said how desperate he is to make his debut in the Windies this winter. Hopefully that's in a Test Match.
    Not sure what the ex-chairman of selectors and Middlesex’s director of cricket can do about it to be honest, r. He doesn’t actually qualify til March apparently anyway

(Not Jeffrey.) Has a British passport and wants to play for England. Seems fair
    So he is more English than a number of recent players, and at least an equal to recent Captains
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So he is more English than a number of recent players, and at least an equal to recent Captains
    Do you recall calling me a racist because I described Samit Patel as fat, P?

Do you recall calling me a racist because I described Samit Patel as fat, P?
    I do recall calling you racist when you called him a fat asian prick.... saying Archer is more English than recent players is correct as he has a British parent, please explain which part of that is even slightly racist. ****, you, not him.

(Not Jeffrey.) Has a British passport and wants to play for England. Seems fair
    So I read about this chap in the Times this morning. Born in Barbados, raised in Barbados, represented the Windies at U19 and came to England when he was 20 years old.

English my arse. Lord what you lot will do to remain competitive in the sports you invented.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So I read about this chap in the Times this morning. Born in Barbados, raised in Barbados, represented the Windies at U19 and came to England when he was 20 years old.

English my arse. Lord what you lot will do to remain competitive in the sports you invented.
    Remind me of how Ben Johnson came to represent Canada???

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

And Donovan Bailey.... it is almost like all country's do it..