Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't feel I ask for much in life, but it would be *quite* nice if Spurs stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    After we won the league at their place in 2004 and I'd been separated from my friends having been chased through the streets around the stadium, I found myself at Tottenham Hale. I got on a train absolutely heaving with them, all excitedly talking about what they were gonna do to any Gooner they encountered at Liverpool Street.

I've never felt more grateful for looking a bit foreign
    You seem to have spent a lot of time in your life being chased through the streets of North London.

Maybe you should move?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You seem to have spent a lot of time in your life being chased through the streets of North London.

Maybe you should move?
    I can't recommend it enough.

Maybe you should move?
    We are, to Kent, to live among bigoted UKIP voters who probably hate Jews and metropolitan Londoners in equal measure

We are, to Kent, to live among bigoted UKIP voters who probably hate Jews and metropolitan Londoners in equal measure
    I don't think your average Kent resident gives a flying one about Jews these days. They've got asylum seekers and pikeys to worry about.

I went to Faversham the other day. Never been before, despite living in Kent most of my life. What a delightful, charming, prosperous little town! I was blown away. If it weren't for the call of the fells, I would consider moving there.

And it's got this place nearby: https://macknade.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I went to Faversham the other day. Never been before, despite living in Kent most of my life. What a delightful, charming, prosperous little town! I was blown away. If it weren't for the call of the fells, I would consider moving there.

It is lovely. Sadly, the local brewery produces awful písswater. Shepherd Neame. Shockingly bad beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Nice, ain't it!

We have our eye on a great house, but might be about £50k short. I don't suppose you....I mean....I know you're a man of wealth...and, we've known each other along time.....and frankly I'd suck you till it falls off if you could just....well, just PM if you like, eh?

And yes, it is a bit of a foodie mecca. I bet you can find some great pizza there

It is lovely. Sadly, the local brewery produces awful písswater. Shepherd Neame. Shockingly bad beer.
    They seem to own every ****ing pub in the town, too.

Nice, ain't it!

We have our eye on a great house, but might be about £50k short. I don't suppose you....I mean....I know you're a man of wealth...and, we've known each other along time.....and frankly I'd suck you till it falls off if you could just....well, just PM if you like, eh?

And yes, it is a bit of a foodie mecca. I bet you can find some great pizza there
    Sir C buys his pizza in a retail car park in St Mary Cray. True story.

They seem to own every ****ing pub in the town, too.
    Exactly my problem with them. You can't get a decent pint anywhere in Faversham as a result. It's the same issue with McMullen's in Hertford. Lovely town, but there is only one independent pub that doesn't serve their truly awful, weak filth.