Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I see thon fat Lord of the Rings Kiwi is claiming his remake of The Dam Busters will

I see thon fat Lord of the Rings Kiwi is claiming his remake of The Dam Busters will

'tell the real story'.

HOW CAN IT WHEN THE DOG IS GOING TO BE CALLED 'DIGGER', FFS?!

Poor old Nígger is being written out of history. Typical racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'tell the real story'.

HOW CAN IT WHEN THE DOG IS GOING TO BE CALLED 'DIGGER', FFS?!

Poor old Nígger is being written out of history. Typical racism.

Is it actually happening? It's been spoken about for years. Last I heard it was being written by Stephen Fry.

They're going to struggle for airworthy Lancasters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is it actually happening? It's been spoken about for years. Last I heard it was being written by Stephen Fry.

He claims it will. Apparently, he owns a bunch of old warbirds. Don't imagine he has a Lanc among them, though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...ll-real-story/

He claims it will. Apparently, he owns a bunch of old warbirds. Don't imagine he has a Lanc among them, though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...ll-real-story/
    New Zealand is warbird central, for some reason. Perhaps their regulatory authorities are particulalry sympathetic.

No mention of Stephen Fry, thank God.

New Zealand is warbird central, for some reason. Perhaps their regulatory authorities are particulalry sympathetic.

No mention of Stephen Fry, thank God.
    I imagine they remain well preserved by virtue of the fact that the place is about 40 years behind the rest of the world.

CGI will take care of that little issue Millennial morons will lap it up no doubt.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I wonder if it will be a truthful account of the caper. That it was a

tactical failure that stopped production for a paltry 3 days and was effectively a reckless suicide mission.

A first class propaganda exercise though and a stomping tune from the soundtrack of the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    tactical failure that stopped production for a paltry 3 days and was effectively a reckless suicide mission.

A first class propaganda exercise though and a stomping tune from the soundtrack of the first film.
    I hardly think that something that kills at least 1,500 Germans can possibly be called a failure, h. A good start, at worst.

That's the point b. Given the number of air crew expended the return in death toll of

I hardly think that something that kills at least 1,500 Germans can possibly be called a failure, h. A good start, at worst.
    square headed brutes was pitiful. Would have been far more efficient to drop bombs directly on their heads.

Bomber (PBUH) considered the whole shindig a failure and waste of resources. He could have used the money for a couple of extra Dresdens.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    square headed brutes was pitiful. Would have been far more efficient to drop bombs directly on their heads.

Bomber (PBUH) considered the whole shindig a failure and waste of resources. He could have used the money for a couple of extra Dresdens.
    He hated all forms of tactical bombing, though. He hated releasing Bomber Command to support D-Day, ffs. Much as I admire his steadfast commitment to killing vast numbers of sausage-munchers, he did have his blind spots.