Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not being funny, but I bet if you asked that Syrian kid if he'd rather

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got it 'recorded' to binge watch.

Now you tell me it's ****e.
    Well it's only as shíte as the source material - which was pretty shíte. It always felt like Le Carre didn't really know or understand the Israelis in the way he did British spookery. It's just not plausible.

Also, there's something seriously irritating about the lead actress. Whether it's because I dislike the character so intensely or that the actress' face just annoys me I can't quite decide.

Wait, what werre all these black and Asian kids doing in the shtetl?
    Actually, Wembley, where I grew up, was a bit of a Jewish enclave until the mid-1980s, when all the Bangladeshis started moving in. Most of my Jewish friends fùcked off sharpish for leafy and up-and-coming Pinner, Stanmore or Northwood, but we stuck around.

Thanks mum and dad

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, Wembley, where I grew up, was a bit of a Jewish enclave until the mid-1980s, when all the Bangladeshis started moving in. Most of my Jewish friends fùcked off sharpish for leafy and up-and-coming Pinner, Stanmore or Northwood, but we stuck around.

Thanks mum and dad
    My recollection of living in Finchley in the mid 80s was that the jews considered their manor to stretch from Wembley in the west, to Bushey and Barnet in the north, and Tottenham to the east. There was a great deal of nostalgia for the lost lands and territories of Whitechapel Road and Commercial Road, where Granpa Cohen had his schmutter shops, oi.

In retrospect I mixed with some odd jews.

My recollection of living in Finchley in the mid 80s was that the jews considered their manor to stretch from Wembley in the west, to Bushey and Barnet in the north, and Tottenham to the east. There was a great deal of nostalgia for the lost lands and territories of Whitechapel Road and Commercial Road, where Granpa Cohen had his schmutter shops, oi.

In retrospect I mixed with some odd jews.
    Ooh, that's another wildly overrated thing: bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ooh, that's another wildly overrated thing: bagels.
    Oh good call. Like chewing on a fúcking telephone directory. Could they be any more dense?

Oh good call. Like chewing on a fúcking telephone directory. Could they be any more dense?
    They're just badly-made bread.

Boiled, aren't they? Boiled dough.

Boiled, aren't they? Boiled dough.
    It's like someone let the work experience kid loose in the bakery.

Pleased to hear this, I've always thought this and everyone looks at me like I'm mad. Stale, doughy bread

Have you been watching The Little Drummer Girl? It's fairly shíte, but then it wasn't a great book. However, what makes me laugh is all these Mossad agents who are clearly the least Jewish people you've ever seen in your life. Alexander Skarsgaard looks like something out of a Waffen SS recruiting poster, ffs!
    How come everyone's up in arms if a white actor yellows or blacks up, but it's perfectly OK for goyim to masquerade as heebs? I think someone should take to Twitter in outrage about it.
    Haha, true. But then the original had Klaus Kinski play the Mossad head. Now it's General Zod, that is Michael Shannon.