Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overrated things:

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it's alright when you're píssed...

but then again, I'd always go for a doner.

Pizza? Meh!
    In Germany I often eat doner pizza.

Yes. Pizza. With doner meat on. You can't beat it, i.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You love those slices of pizza off the buffet after they've been sweating under heatlamps for hours, don't you?
    Nope, the Italian restaurant in my fave resort has a wood burning stove in which they cook quite wonderful pizzas.

In fact, I expect there will be a picture of it somewhere here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau..._Fujairah.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    There is a germ of truth in his otherwise absurd ramblings, which is that pizza has fallen foul of the foodie hipster revolution, when it's simply not variable enough to justify such treatment.
    There is absolutely no comparison between something from Dominoes and a proper pizza. They are entirely different things. And ascribing an appreciation of decent pizza as somehow 'foodie' is a little ironic, given the peasant origins of the dish.

A good pizza is a fine thing. A bad pizza is revolting.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You’re American. You don’t like any food you can’t eat with your fùcking hands like the worthless animal you are.
    Stop being silly. The point here is that you your very self have publicly admitted that you prefer a battered sausage to the finest pizza or burger that could be produced.

The game is well and truly over, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nope, the Italian restaurant in my fave resort has a wood burning stove in which they cook quite wonderful pizzas.

In fact, I expect there will be a picture of it somewhere here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau..._Fujairah.html
    Dear God. Dear, dear God.

You’re American. You don’t like any food you can’t eat with your fùcking hands like the worthless animal you are.
    I say, that's a bit strong. The chap is a moosefúcker, which is to say thick and dull, but calling him American is beyond the pale.

There is absolutely no comparison between something from Dominoes and a proper pizza. They are entirely different things. And ascribing an appreciation of decent pizza as somehow 'foodie' is a little ironic, given the peasant origins of the dish.

A good pizza is a fine thing. A bad pizza is revolting.
    Agreed, but equally, the variance between good pizza is negligible, and the kind of people who claim they've found "the best pizza in London" are exclusively ****s.

Now slightly nervous that I may have made this very claim some time ago on Awimb

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Agreed, but equally, the variance between good pizza is negligible, and the kind of people who claim they've found "the best pizza in London" are exclusively ****s.

Now slightly nervous that I may have made this very claim some time ago on Awimb
    Oh, people who claim to know 'the best' anything are invariably ****s. From pizza to cars to footballers, I'll accept anyone's view of what constitutes good, or exceptional, or amongst the best, but claiming to know the definitive 'best'? Fúck off.

Oh, people who claim to know 'the best' anything are invariably ****s. From pizza to cars to footballers, I'll accept anyone's view of what constitutes good, or exceptional, or amongst the best, but claiming to know the definitive 'best'? Fúck off.
    Agree entirely.

You're the best, man

Pizza.

It’s actually rather boring, isn’t it? And all attempts to make it more interesting actually render it worse.

Fùck pizza. Fúck it in its tracheotomy-induced neckhole.
    Good pizza is magnificent.

Simpler the better.