Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Nice article from David Smith in the Times on Brexit and May's deal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, that’s true but neither of those is May’s fault. The former was always going to happen because of internal politics and once that had happened, the latter was unavoidable.

I find it staggering that so many people are happy to describe how terrible the deal is without recognising the position that May was in for reasons beyond her control.
    I don't disagree, although I find it more incredible how few remainers will acknowledge how badly they've sabotaged the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't disagree, although I find it more incredible how few remainers will acknowledge how badly they've sabotaged the entire process.

Yes, them and Labour playing politics put May right in it. Although I wonder how much that really impacted the EU negotiations.

Surely they were always going to approach them from a ‘you can’t handle a hard Brexit and we both know it’ angle?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, them and Labour playing politics put May right in it. Although I wonder how much that really impacted the EU negotiations.

Surely they were always going to approach them from a ‘you can’t handle a hard Brexit and we both know it’ angle?
    You don't think Boris or David Davis would have seriously entertained a No Deal had they - as was entirely possible - become leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You don't think Boris or David Davis would have seriously entertained a No Deal had they - as was entirely possible - become leader?
    No, I think they just use a hard Brexit as a stick to beat May with. I don't think anyone in power would ever chance the impact of no deal.

The deal will ultimately be backed by your UK Government because it is the only deal available and presumably it, no matter what concessions you have made, is better than a no deal scenario.

And I say all of this as a man who has no idea what deal you have agreed as quite frankly I find it all very boring.