Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This place must be deaded - not a single thread or comment on Ozil

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Bournemouth are a side that give you very little time on the ball. Perhaps Unai felt that Ozil's languid demeanor wouldn't work so well against The Cherries?
    Maybe Unai is one of those stat reliant types, and sees that this season we concede far more , and score less* when Ozil is on the pitch

*might not be true

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Bournemouth are a side that give you very little time on the ball. Perhaps Unai felt that Ozil's languid demeanor wouldn't work so well against The Cherries?
    He's one of the world's best players, R. He didn't get that way by avoiding the cannon fodder and only playing against the good sides.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Mkhytarian had a poor match and is the current figure of hate. Some of the criticism as is the way within the Arsenal family is extremely over the top.

As for Ozil I am not sure you specifically do not pick a player in order to avoid injury. A player carrying a knock or strain or whatever yes, but otherwise no. They are footballers, playing football is what they do.

I have no idea for why he was left out yesterday but keeping him fresh for Spurs would seem a little bizarre.
    When Mesut has a mare against Spurs we can say that he wasn't fully match-fit, having just had a month off

Anyway, maybe he'll play against Vorskla? Even Eduardo scored against them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's one of the world's best players, R. He didn't get that way by avoiding the cannon fodder and only playing against the good sides.
    True but he does seem to have ongoing back issues and perhaps UE was just taking precautions?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Even Eduardo scored against them.
    Eduardo even scored against us.

You leave the floppy legged Brazilian-Croatian alone...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”