Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oh, by the way, in case anyone still doubts the Brexit thing is a stitch-up

Oh, by the way, in case anyone still doubts the Brexit thing is a stitch-up

Here's that well-known swivel-eyed Brexiteer loon...err...Robert Peston saying what's happening.

https://www.facebook.com/14982767671...4577345533665/

So basically big business, banks and the establishment are conspiring very deliberately to overturn a democratic vote at all costs.

I really do despair of anyone who considers themselves in any way 'progressive' who can support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Here's that well-known swivel-eyed Brexiteer loon...err...Robert Peston saying what's happening.

So basically big business, banks and the establishment are conspiring very deliberately to overturn a democratic vote at all costs.

I really do despair of anyone who considers themselves in any way 'progressive' who can support this.
    Just imagine the precedent it would set. A referendum being overturned by parliament.....its unthinkable. It wont happen.

Jesus Christ.

So if Jez got elected and the markets got scared and the capital took flight, that would be the sensible working of a free market where the beloved wealth creators sensibly shift their cash into other assets that will provide a higher return given the new facts about British economic prospects.

But if they do the same because they fear a No Deal Brexit, then this is an evil conspiracy to thwart "The Will of the People."

You should meet my Corbynista mate, B, you'd get on. So, so similar.

Wow, that's quite the plan they have there. Their entire strategy seems to be based on the markets reacting very badly to a Brexit related vote. And what if the markets don't react badly, what do they do then? Maybe the Tories are really, really stupid. Of course, we all remember how badly the markets reacted and how the economy struggled the last time there was a Brexit vote so I can certainly understand why they would based their entire strategy on it happening again.

That or this is just baseless speculation and you've fallen for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Wow, that's quite the plan they have there. Their entire strategy seems to be based on the markets reacting very badly to a Brexit related vote. And what if the markets don't react badly, what do they do then? Maybe the Tories are really, really stupid. Of course, we all remember how badly the markets reacted and how the economy struggled the last time there was a Brexit vote so I can certainly understand why they would based their entire strategy on it happening again.

That or this is just baseless speculation and you've fallen for it.
    Well when the original Brexit vote went through, rates were cut, swap rates traded at near zero % and the money markets were expecting rates to drop to zero or below... so when you say "markets" this covers a huge variety and isn't just stock markets (the FTSE wouldn't trade too badly as nearly every FTSE 100 company creates a huge amount of it's P?L from Europe and isn't soley based in the UK
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I've obviously misread what RP said as i can see nothing in there that says big businesses, banks and the establishment are conspiring..... what he said is that the stock market and FX market will react badly (they will as markets do not like uncertainty of any sort)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar