Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: People with whom I have today shared a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Obsession with narrow fields of interest? Check (London Underground).
    Social awkwardness/inability to read emotions? Check.
    Difficulty in interpreting whether others are being serious or not? Check.

My diagnosis is that Fash is on the spectrum. NTTAWT. (Sorry Fash - only joking).
    Isn't the nature of the spectrum that we're all on it somewhere, though? I mean as a child I used to paint toy soldiers and liked going to first-class cricket matches with a scorebook that I'd fill in throughout the day. Thankfully, I still grew up unspasticated, but clearly the seeds of that sort of weirdness are in most men, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Isn't the nature of the spectrum that we're all on it somewhere, though? I mean as a child I used to paint toy soldiers and liked going to first-class cricket matches with a scorebook that I'd fill in throughout the day. Thankfully, I still grew up unspasticated, but clearly the seeds of that sort of weirdness are in most men, I think.
    I used to incessantly sweep dirt in the garden in the hope of discovering ancient artifacts. I never did .

I also enjoyed doing the scoring in a crowd of 12 at Hants Vs Derbyshire.

Obsession with narrow fields of interest? Check (London Underground).
    Social awkwardness/inability to read emotions? Check.
    Difficulty in interpreting whether others are being serious or not? Check.
    Collecting things of limited use? Check (guitars).

My diagnosis is that Fash is on the spectrum. NTTAWT. (Sorry Fash - only joking).

Fash is a character and Pat Vegas is also a character

I am actually a million miles away from these characters.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 11-21-2018 at 10:54 AM.

I used to incessantly sweep dirt in the garden in the hope of discovering ancient artifacts. I never did .

I also enjoyed doing the scoring in a crowd of 12 at Hants Vs Derbyshire.
    I met a metal detectorist near my allotments the other day. He showed me his collection of musket balls, coins and even the pins of several grenades that suggested the area had been used for Home Guard training during the war. I was fascinated and briefly toyed with the idea of taking the hobby up myself. However, I realised it's a weird old man thing and I've already got that covered by having an allotment.