Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fúcking hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Like fúck you didn't.
    I was discussing this with my dad the other day. He was genuinely shocked when I pointed out that, were a chap who works for me to rock up one day in a frock, I would be taking my career in my hands and opening the company up to umpteen lawsuits if I even dared to mention the fact - let alone object.

At the same time, however, if he turned up in jeans, I'd be entirely within my rights to send him home.

The world's gone totally fùcking insane.

Now that really is a question and, if I'm honest, it's one that's making me feel slightly squeamish. Would you mind if we changed the subject?
    Okay .. will you shave your newly developed man-fanny?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was discussing this with my dad the other day. He was genuinely shocked when I pointed out that, were a chap who works for me to rock up one day in a frock, I would be taking my career in my hands and opening the company up to umpteen lawsuits if I even dared to mention the fact - let alone object.

At the same time, however, if he turned up in jeans, I'd be entirely within my rights to send him home.

The world's gone totally fùcking insane.
    That's because employers aren't allowed to discriminate against protected groups and people who wear jeans aren't a protected group.

For the same reason, you couldn't send home a Jew who turns up to work in a yarmulke, even if you have a company policy about no headwear in the office (or in Charlie's case, no Jews in the office)

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Okay .. will you shave your newly developed man-fanny?
    No, I like a nice hairy man-fanny, like your mum's.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's because employers aren't allowed to discriminate against protected groups and people who wear jeans aren't a protected group.

For the same reason, you couldn't send home a Jew who turns up to work in a yarmulke, even if you have a company policy about no headwear in the office (or in Charlie's case, no Jews in the office)
    Does the idea of 'protected groups' not strike you as both arbitrary and sinister, though?

And my reason for sending someone home who turned up in a dress would be exactly the same as that for sending home someone whom I deemed to be scruffily dressed - the potentially negative impact of their appearance on the professionalism and reputation of the company. To my mind, it would be wildly unprofessional for someone to turn up unexpectedly in a dress without having first discussed it with their employers.

Does the idea of 'protected groups' not strike you as both arbitrary and sinister, though?

And my reason for sending someone home who turned up in a dress would be exactly the same as that for sending home someone whom I deemed to be scruffily dressed - the potentially negative impact of their appearance on the professionalism and reputation of the company. To my mind, it would be wildly unprofessional for someone to turn up unexpectedly in a dress without having first discussed it with their employers.
    But also they’d look like a raging puff.

But also they’d look like a raging puff.
    We've our fair share of those and they're fine. They all dress properly, though. To look at them, you wouldn't know they weren't proper men.

Oh hang on, you’d send a chick home who turned up in a dress too? That’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh hang on, you’d send a chick home who turned up in a dress too? That’s fine.
    Of course not. As a society, we have come to accept that certain dress codes for men and women are acceptable in the workplace. It is wildly inconsistent and unfair to enforce one dress code, but not another. The upshot of this is that all dress codes become impossible to enforce. Thus, all standards slip and everything goes to shìt.

Oh, hang on. We're already there.