Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So. This quack reckons he can cure my hooter.

So. This quack reckons he can cure my hooter.

I will, he claims, be able to breathe through my nose by christmas. And I may develop a sense of smell.

This miracle involves shoving steroid up my bugle twice a day. Will my nose hget roid rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I will, he claims, be able to breathe through my nose by christmas. And I may develop a sense of smell.

This miracle involves shoving steroid up my bugle twice a day. Will my nose hget roid rage?
    You will be on full alert and buzzing about like a demented person Sir C ....and ravenous 24/7

Surely shoving pharmaceuticals up there is what got you into this mess in the first place? I would be extremely wary of this fellow if I were you. H

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely shoving pharmaceuticals up there is what got you into this mess in the first place? I would be extremely wary of this fellow if I were you. H
    Oddly, it appears that my issues are not drug related.

I have a nasal polyp.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    You will be on full alert and buzzing about like a demented person Sir C ....and ravenous 24/7
    Are the 'roids a bit speedy, than?

Oddly, it appears that my issues are not drug related.

I have a nasal polyp.
    Gosh. Imagine how many more drugs you could have got up there without that getting in the way.

It's probably saved your life.

Gosh. Imagine how many more drugs you could have got up there without that getting in the way.

It's probably saved your life.
    He's given me hope and I fear he may fail. Imagine being able to breathe through both noseholes! IMAGINE SMELLING SOMETHING!

It's all too much. I need a lie down.

He's given me hope and I fear he may fail. Imagine being able to breathe through both noseholes! IMAGINE SMELLING SOMETHING!

It's all too much. I need a lie down.
    I was reading this amazing thread the other day by deafoids who've been cured of the deafness by implants. They were all describing the things that amazed them when they first heard again. One person was surprised people had different voices. Another thought the sun made a constant low roaring noise and another had previously thought sunshine would make different noises as it hit different things. Another screamed the first time she heard a toilet flush.

You might be like that. But with smells. Imagine smelling your wife for the first time!

I was reading this amazing thread the other day by deafoids who've been cured of the deafness by implants. They were all describing the things that amazed them when they first heard again. One person was surprised people had different voices. Another thought the sun made a constant low roaring noise and another had previously thought sunshine would make different noises as it hit different things. Another screamed the first time she heard a toilet flush.

You might be like that. But with smells. Imagine smelling your wife for the first time!
    What are you trying to tell me about my wife?

If I can smell again I might be able to taste better. Perhaps I can reduce my salt intake from its current 500g a day.

What are you trying to tell me about my wife?

If I can smell again I might be able to taste better. Perhaps I can reduce my salt intake from its current 500g a day.
    I'm saying that she is a delightful lady of many gifts, which means everyone is happy to ignore the smell.

Surely salt has nothing to do with the olfactory sense, though? That's purely a tongue thing.