Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see everyone's outraged about the terms agreed with the EU.

I see everyone's outraged about the terms agreed with the EU.

This despite the fact that we don't know what they are yet. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This despite the fact that we don't know what they are yet. Have I missed something?
    Well the terms have basically been leaked to RTE, so yes, we pretty much do know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well the terms have basically been leaked to RTE, so yes, we pretty much do know what they are.
    I'd caution against believing anything that appears on RTE.

they are annoyed it's too easy.

Like when the bloke i called round to fix the intercom fixed it in seconds i was disappointed it didn't take a little bit longer.
    At least say 'I have no idea' then fix it

I'd caution against believing anything that appears on RTE.
    What I'm confused about is why so many Brexiteers hate this deal, even though it ends Freedom of Movement.

After all, we've been told incessantly that Brexit was all about anti-immigrant racism

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What I'm confused about is why so many Brexiteers hate this deal, even though it ends Freedom of Movement.

After all, we've been told incessantly that Brexit was all about anti-immigrant racism
    As long as Brexit stops them all coming over here taking our:-

• Jobs
    • Benefits
    • Women

then the Brexiteers will be happy
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Because it appears that some Brexiters think that Brexit should be easy. The EU created a common market based on a set of rules. We want access to that market but not to have to abide by their rules and not pay them any money and if May can't achieve that she is incompetent.

Honestly, you just couldn't make some of these people up. Brexit was always going to be enormously difficult and painful and we were always certain to be in a worse position in the short term; and if you didn't realize that you probably shouldn't have been allowed to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Because it appears that some Brexiters think that Brexit should be easy. The EU created a common market based on a set of rules. We want access to that market but not to have to abide by their rules and not pay them any money and if May can't achieve that she is incompetent.

Honestly, you just couldn't make some of these people up. Brexit was always going to be enormously difficult and painful and we were always certain to be in a worse position in the short term; and if you didn't realize that you probably shouldn't have been allowed to vote.
    "We want access to that market but not to have to abide by their rules and not pay them any money"

Isn't that the deal that Canada has with the EU and that the majority of hard Brexiteers want?

In fact, under the Canada +++ proposals put forward by the ERG, David Davis and others, the UK would actually pay money in to the EU, in order to secure superior terms on certain market sectors.
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-14-2018 at 02:55 PM.

"We want access to that market but not to have to abide by their rules and not pay them any money"

Isn't that the deal that Canada has with the EU and that the majority of hard Brexiteers want?
    No, as part of the free trade negotiations Canada would have had to accept that they would abide by certain EU rules; that's the way trade negotiations work. The countries involved agree to behave according to a certain set of rules so that trade is fair and mutually beneficial.

In this case some of the Brexit morons (like Boris) then claim that 'WE HAVE TO ABIDE BY THEIR RULES BUT HAVE NO SAY IN THEM!!!'

Yes, Boris, that's because we left, you idiot. The alternative, of course, it so lose access.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, as part of the free trade negotiations Canada would have had to accept that they would abide by certain EU rules; that's the way trade negotiations work. The countries involved agree to behave according to a certain set of rules so that trade is fair and mutually beneficial.

In this case some of the Brexit morons (like Boris) then claim that 'WE HAVE TO ABIDE BY THEIR RULES BUT HAVE NO SAY IN THEM!!!'

Yes, Boris, that's because we left, you idiot. The alternative, of course, it so lose access.
    They've proposed a Canada +++ that gives the UK greater access to the single market (for sectors more relevant to our economy), for which we would willingly pay.
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-14-2018 at 03:26 PM.