Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Courgettes.

Courgettes.

Just dull, aren't they? They're alright in a slad, but who eats salad in November?

It's a no from me.

the only enjoyable bit is peeling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just dull, aren't they? They're alright in a slad, but who eats salad in November?

It's a no from me.
    The only way they’re palatable is with slow cooked fried onions and rosemary. But the latter two ingredients are doing all the heavy lifting there.

They are the classic amateur gardener’s vegetable. Anyone who grows has at some point ended up with far too many of the fückers and trying in vain to make them palatable. They are fùck dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only way they’re palatable is with slow cooked fried onions and rosemary. But the latter two ingredients are doing all the heavy lifting there.

They are the classic amateur gardener’s vegetable. Anyone who grows has at some point ended up with far too many of the fückers and trying in vain to make them palatable. They are fùck dull.
    I'm going to bin the fúckers. I bought them on an impulse, thinking I'd come up with a bright idea.

I like 'em crispy like you get in shítty Italian restaurants, but that seems like a hassle.

It's a no from me.
    But hang on.. They have some substance and I find that fried up with garlic and thyme, they’re ok in a quickie pasta.
    Aubergines tho’ ... WTF are they all about ? Just pulsed gloop, surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    But hang on.. They have some substance and I find that fried up with garlic and thyme, they’re ok in a quickie pasta.
    Aubergines tho’ ... WTF are they all about ? Just pulsed gloop, surely ?
    Aubergines are good for the hunkur begendi. There's also a decent Angela Hartnett construction of fried aubergines and feta. And who can tuen up their nose at the baba ganoush? No, I'm afraid you're wrong on the aubergine front.

I'm going to bin the fúckers. I bought them on an impulse, thinking I'd come up with a bright idea.

I like 'em crispy like you get in shítty Italian restaurants, but that seems like a hassle.
    Oh, yes. You can do the Parmesan flour and deep fry thing. But you do find yourself wondering why you’re bothering after a bit. They’re really just a bulking vegetable. Useful In a ratatouille or a chutney, but fùck all good on their own.

Aubergines are good for the hunkur begendi. There's also a decent Angela Hartnett construction of fried aubergines and feta. And who can tuen up their nose at the baba ganoush? No, I'm afraid you're wrong on the aubergine front.
    And the Leigh-Fermor moussaka that’s actually worth eating due to not really being a moussaka.

It's a no from me.
    Devil's work, vile things

It's a no from me.
    Actually, the Hartnett thing reminds me of the only aubergine recipe that I genuinely like. You really should give this a go, when you get a chance.

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/gri...with_73271/amp