Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the pub on Saturday I witnessed a hate crime

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Remember me mentioning my friend and his being placed on 'performance wossname'? He got signed off for a couple of weeks with stress, went back to work, got ignored by his boss, flipped out and yesterday afternoon just walked out at lunchtime. Solicitor's appointment today. This is going to be fun.
    Well, they should give him chance to 'explain' all that happened in a fit of pique.
    OR, that's it and the gloves are off.

Enjoy the fireworks!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, they should give him chance to 'explain' all that happened in a fit of pique.

Enjoy the fireworks!
    It sounds as if they're shítting themselves now. It seems that the initial interview with his boss that started the whole thing off was something of a blunder.

Fúck me, they're going to have to pay him a fortune to go quietly and he'll walk straight into another director's job

Enjoy the fireworks!
    Can my company force me to wrote about alcohol when I have a mild hangover, i? Trying to write about a champagne that costs a mere 115,000 of your Earth pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Can my company force me to wrote about alcohol when I have a mild hangover, i? Trying to write about a champagne that costs a mere 115,000 of your Earth pounds
    I'd insist on some essential research before writing that piece, la
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It sounds as if they're shítting themselves now. It seems that the initial interview with his boss that started the whole thing off was something of a blunder.

Fúck me, they're going to have to pay him a fortune to go quietly and he'll walk straight into another director's job
    he would do well to throw in a 'breach of trust and confidence' complaint. That usually signals the end of the employment relationship and starts the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    An Irish chap came in and someone had left something behind the bar for him, saying he had left it for ‘Guinness Mick’. To which said Irish chap said ‘Well at least that’s an improvement on ‘Irish Mick’”. To which the barman replied: “Well that’s pretty much covered by ‘Mick’ innit?”
    Naturally, I was ready to call the police at this appalling racism, but was prevented from doing so by the fact that, rather than break down in tears of rage or taking to Twitter, the Irish chap simply laughed at the joke and carried on bantering amiably with everyone.
    So, in other words, someone was in a position to portray himself the victim of a hate crime, but instead simply took a ‘joke’ in good part and as not as evidence of any ill-will or racial hatred.
    Genuinely baffling behaviour.
    We don't tend to get annoyed or angered by such trivial things though others do like to get annoyed on our behalf.

The outrage last summer when Ian Wright made an attempted joke about Roy Keane's accent for example. There was absolutely no outrage in Ireland about it though I did see some complete fúcking melts getting annoyed on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We don't tend to get annoyed or angered by such trivial things though others do like to get annoyed on our behalf.

The outrage last summer when Ian Wright made an attempted joke about Roy Keane's accent for example. There was absolutely no outrage in Ireland about it though I did see some complete fúcking melts getting annoyed on Twitter.
    "Melts"? Disappointingly Jamie Redknapp

those coke fiends with their books and crosswords...
    I was in the cockpit of an A380 last week.
    Doesn't seem like much fun. Cramped and like a video game.
    the little room to have a kip is grim too.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    "Melts"? Disappointingly Jamie Redknapp
    I believe it is the common parlance??

Are we saying that Jamie Redknapp uses this on his Sky Super Sunday analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was in the cockpit of an A380 last week.
    Doesn't seem like much fun. Cramped and like a video game.
    the little room to have a kip is grim too.
    I love it when you say cockpit