Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the pub on Saturday I witnessed a hate crime

In the pub on Saturday I witnessed a hate crime

An Irish chap came in and someone had left something behind the bar for him, saying he had left it for ‘Guinness Mick’. To which said Irish chap said ‘Well at least that’s an improvement on ‘Irish Mick’”. To which the barman replied: “Well that’s pretty much covered by ‘Mick’ innit?”
    Naturally, I was ready to call the police at this appalling racism, but was prevented from doing so by the fact that, rather than break down in tears of rage or taking to Twitter, the Irish chap simply laughed at the joke and carried on bantering amiably with everyone.
    So, in other words, someone was in a position to portray himself the victim of a hate crime, but instead simply took a ‘joke’ in good part and as not as evidence of any ill-will or racial hatred.
    Genuinely baffling behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    An Irish chap came in and someone had left something behind the bar for him, saying he had left it for ‘Guinness Mick’. To which said Irish chap said ‘Well at least that’s an improvement on ‘Irish Mick’”. To which the barman replied: “Well that’s pretty much covered by ‘Mick’ innit?”
    Naturally, I was ready to call the police at this appalling racism, but was prevented from doing so by the fact that, rather than break down in tears of rage or taking to Twitter, the Irish chap simply laughed at the joke and carried on bantering amiably with everyone.
    So, in other words, someone was in a position to portray himself the victim of a hate crime, but instead simply took a ‘joke’ in good part and as not as evidence of any ill-will or racial hatred.
    Genuinely baffling behaviour.
    Tick Paddy innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tick Paddy innit.
    Here's one for you, sc

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/ai...ear-of-flying/

who would have thought that sacking a pilot with a fear of being trapped on an aeroplane would be unfair?
    And he is seeking reinstatement.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Here's one for you, sc

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/ai...ear-of-flying/

who would have thought that sacking a pilot with a fear of being trapped on an aeroplane would be unfair?
    And he is seeking reinstatement.
    Marvellous, absolutely marvellous.

I know any number of pilots who suffer from fear and anxiety when they're rostered to throw a 200 ton aeroplane at a Greek island in the middle of the night with no radar cover, when their sleep patterns have been devastated by 3 days of mixed duties and they're dozing off in between desperately hoping the cloudbase is above Sector Safe Altitude when they get there... that's simply normal.

Marvellous, absolutely marvellous.

I know any number of pilots who suffer from fear and anxiety when they're rostered to throw a 200 ton aeroplane at a Greek island in the middle of the night with no radar cover, when their sleep patterns have been devastated by 3 days of mixed duties and they're dozing off in between desperately hoping the cloudbase is above Sector Safe Altitude when they get there... that's simply normal.
    This is why it is always best to try to be more drunk than the pilot when you get on an aircraft. Hard work some times

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This is why it is always best to try to be more drunk than the pilot when you get on an aircraft. Hard work some times
    It's the coke fiends you want to worry about. Sleep patterns all to hell.

It's the coke fiends you want to worry about. Sleep patterns all to hell.
    those coke fiends with their books and crosswords...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    those coke fiends with their books and crosswords...
    Remember me mentioning my friend and his being placed on 'performance wossname'? He got signed off for a couple of weeks with stress, went back to work, got ignored by his boss, flipped out and yesterday afternoon just walked out at lunchtime. Solicitor's appointment today. This is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Can't believe they're trying to ban alcohol sales for early morning flights! As my glw will tell you, it's not the early morning flights that are the problem, it's the evening ones to Ibiza, Costas and Sunny beach (Bulgaria)

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Can't believe they're trying to ban alcohol sales for early morning flights! As my glw will tell you, it's not the early morning flights that are the problem, it's the evening ones to Ibiza, Costas and Sunny beach (Bulgaria)
    That makes sense. You can't really drink too much before a morning flight anyway. The late Sunday night flight back to Munich on the other hand