Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought Neo Nazis were like proper white

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    It's still brilliant as is Withnail (the filum not the awimber) but I've never really understood the fuss about Lebowski. Watched it years ago and didn't think much of it, saw it again on a flight fairly recently and my opinion has not changed What am I missing, C?
    It's just the absuridty of the character, really. And Bridges does it so well.

Mind you, Goodman is also a bit special.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well yes, 3 excellent movies. Just have not seen BB in decades.

One always likes to revisit the old classics. Warriors, Apocalypse Now, Quadrophenia.
    Alongside Kung Fu movies, I remember The Warriors being an absolute classic for sleepovers in the early 80s. We would watch it and then all beat each other up in new and innovative ways until someone's dad came down and told us to shut the fùck up and go to sleep.

Good timezzz.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well yes, 3 excellent movies. Just have not seen BB in decades.

One always likes to revisit the old classics. Warriors, Apocalypse Now, Quadrophenia.
    Battle of Britain, The Cruel Sea, Ice Cold in Alex, 633 Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Ok. Glad I wasn't missing something subtle
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Goodman is the best thing in it. That and the nihilists. I remember hearing someone who watched it first in Germany with a German audience and saying they didn't even crack a smile at the nihilists.

Battle of Britain, The Cruel Sea, Ice Cold in Alex, 633 Squadron.
    Zulu, Zulu, Zulu.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Ok. Glad I wasn't missing something subtle
    Consider yer man Jesus with his bowling ball polishing schtick. That scene alone is worth the entrance money, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Zulu, Zulu, Zulu.
    Oh yes, Zulu bien sur.

The Dambusters and the David Lean Great Expectations.

Consider yer man Jesus with his bowling ball polishing schtick. That scene alone is worth the entrance money, surely?
    Oh, yes. John Turturro. Wasn't there supposed to be a spin-off movie about that character?

Oh yes - I did appreciate that bit. Of course, it was good to see it in it's original form rather than in social media memes. What a world we live in today.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.