Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Watching that 'They shall not grow old' thing last night, I was pleased to see they

Watching that 'They shall not grow old' thing last night, I was pleased to see they

played so many recollections of men who fought and not only didn't regret it, but thought it was the right thing to do, a thoroughly worthwhile cause and something they would have done again given the chance.

A welcome antidote to the hippy 1960s pinko Wilfred Owen/Blackadder Goes Forth idea of the war we've been sold in which soldiers were all passive victims hoodwinked into fighting by their evil masters.

They clearly didn't feel that way about it. Hopefully, one day we can get rid of all the hand-wringing balls about the First World War and see it in a proper context.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    played so many recollections of men who fought and not only didn't regret it, but thought it was the right thing to do, a thoroughly worthwhile cause and something they would have done again given the chance.

A welcome antidote to the hippy 1960s pinko Wilfred Owen/Blackadder Goes Forth idea of the war we've been sold in which soldiers were all passive victims hoodwinked into fighting by their evil masters.

They clearly didn't feel that way about it. Hopefully, one day we can get rid of all the hand-wringing balls about the First World War and see it in a proper context.
    It was rather refreshing to hear chaps announce that they would happily do it again, and that the experience turned them into men, rather than the rantings of deranged leftists to which we have become accustomed. I swear that most people's knowledge of the events of WWl stems from Blackadder. History written by Ben fúcking Elton. The bloke who got us into this appalling mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was rather refreshing to hear chaps announce that they would happily do it again, and that the experience turned them into men, rather than the rantings of deranged leftists to which we have become accustomed. I swear that most people's knowledge of the events of WWl stems from Blackadder. History written by Ben fúcking Elton. The bloke who got us into this appalling mess!
    Hang on. Are you blaming Ben Elton for the outbreak of the First World War?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on. Are you blaming Ben Elton for the outbreak of the First World War?
    Lord no, silly. Just for everything that is wrong with modern life. All the nonsensical PC madness, the attempts at thought control, the rise of Corbyn and his communist manifesto.

Ben Elton gave encouragement to geeks like jorge and taught them that it was funny and cool to blame 'Thatch', without ever having to trouble their one dormant braincell.

I fúcking hate Ben Elton.

Agreed Sir C. The chap has no winkie flap. All who have been mutilated in this way are deviants (Ben Elton)

Lord no, silly. Just for everything that is wrong with modern life. All the nonsensical PC madness, the attempts at thought control, the rise of Corbyn and his communist manifesto.

Ben Elton gave encouragement to geeks like jorge and taught them that it was funny and cool to blame 'Thatch', without ever having to trouble their one dormant braincell.

I fúcking hate Ben Elton.
    Oh, yes. I ageee with you. I’m not sure even he isn’t slightly troubled by his legacy, tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Agreed Sir C. The chap has no winkie flap. All who have been mutilated in this way are deviants (Ben Elton)
    Is he an actual jew? I like jews (As long as they don't try to join my golf club.)

Is he an actual jew? I like jews (As long as they don't try to join my golf club.)
    Oh jews are splendid fellows. But whetner they be Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Marc Bolan or even Albert fackin Einstein, thay all morph into Shylock round about their sixtieth birthday.

Ben Elton today,

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh jews are splendid fellows. But whetner they be Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Marc Bolan or even Albert fackin Einstein, thay all morph into Shylock round about their sixtieth birthday.

Ben Elton today,

I’m not convinced they’re all splendid fellows, H. I mean, Roger Levitt, Bob Maxwell and Phillip Green, all terrible c*nts...

I see what you've done there 7, brillliantly sardonic! In a list of

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m not convinced they’re all splendid fellows, H. I mean, Roger Levitt, Bob Maxwell and Phillip Green, all terrible c*nts...
    despicable jewry you have quite deliberately omitted Monty.