Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see a Brit has died of Rabies in Morocco.

I see a Brit has died of Rabies in Morocco.

For some reason, this chills me.

Ever since I was a kid I've had an absolute horror of rabies. I put it down to the fact that in the 70s and 80s we were bombarded with propaganda designed to shít us up about it. That and sniffing glue were basically the most terrifying things of my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Ever since I was a kid I've had an absolute horror of rabies. I put it down to the fact that in the 70s and 80s we were bombarded with propaganda designed to shít us up about it. That and sniffing glue were basically the most terrifying things of my childhood.
    I saw soem B movie on TV about rabies when I was a kid. Scared the living bejesus out of me. To this day I'm somewhat circumspect about petting feral cats int he third world.

Add in the prospect of Nuclear War and it sure was a fun time to grow up. The rabies thing is the same for me. Up I remember the first time I went to France (81 or 82 I think) I was petrified evertime I saw a dog, even if they were on a lead with respectable owners. All foreign dogs had rabies didn't they.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Add in the prospect of Nuclear War and it sure was a fun time to grow up. The rabies thing is the same for me. Up I remember the first time I went to France (81 or 82 I think) I was petrified evertime I saw a dog, even if they were on a lead with respectable owners. All foreign dogs had rabies didn't they.
    They still do as far as I'm concerned, la. You can't trust a French dog, that's for certain.

I seem to remember being fairly blasé about nuclear war, but rabies properly put the wind up me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I saw soem B movie on TV about rabies when I was a kid. Scared the living bejesus out of me. To this day I'm somewhat circumspect about petting feral cats int he third world.
    Did it start with a fox and contain a bit where a bloke gave his girlfriend rabies with a lovebite? And a genuinely terrifying attempt to represent the horrors of hydrophobia?

If so, I saw it, too. With similar effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    hbla! You should allow ytourself a glass of beer today to celebrate.

You must be pushing 40 by now?

This was it, I think. Terrifying. Mind you, fůck knows what my parents were thinking letting me watch it when I was 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Death

This was it, I think. Terrifying. Mind you, fůck knows what my parents were thinking letting me watch it when I was 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Death
    No, the one I'm thinking of was a 1950s Amercian B movie which featured a rabid bloke being tied to a stake outside all night, where he howled like a dog.

No, the one I'm thinking of was a 1950s Amercian B movie which featured a rabid bloke being tied to a stake outside all night, where he howled like a dog.
    Ooh, that sounds good, too. This one had lots of frothing at the mouth and extended sequences depicting the hallucinations induced by the disease. It also started with a really creepy rendition of 'All Things Bright And Beautiful'.

Nudging it thank you- from a great distance it must be said