Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now I'm pretty neutral about Brexit generally; but there is one narrative that really

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right now, I'd love it. This deal is so execrable one suspects the idea all along has been to present us with something so awful that remaining seems like the more attractive option.
    You'd vote for No Deal?

I guess the ballot could conceivably include an option to (attempt to) extend Article 50 and send the Government back to the table , too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You'd vote for No Deal?

I guess the ballot could conceivably include an option to (attempt to) extend Article 50 and send the Government back to the table , too.
    Over this shítshow? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nice try, but no.

The polling shows a generally favourable attitude to a referendum on the terms of the final deal - i.e. The deal on the table or no deal. However, that favourable attitude drops off a cliff the minute it's suggested that an option to remain is on the ballot.

So stop talking bóllocks.
    It would split the Leave vote, meaning that Remain would win

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

What confuses me further is the simple truth that people are lied to each and every time there is a vote or election of any type so why is this so different??
    It's because this was a one-off single issue vote, rather than a regularly scheduled election, I think.

Still all bóllocks though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."