Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
Is there not two separate but sometimes linked/confused issues.

People did not know what they were voting for, this is very plain and simple to understand. They were voting to Leave the EU or to stay within the EU. This essentially is the crux of your rant and for that I applaud you.

The secondary issue however, and one I have only seen alluded to as quite frankly I pay little attention to the life politic and especially when it is another’s mess, is the claim that people were openly and knowingly lied to in the run up to making their decision.

This is I have seen as the reason for a lot of anger and indeed the call for a second vote.

What confuses me further is the simple truth that people are lied to each and every time there is a vote or election of any type so why is this so different??
I’m afraid your argument falls down on the fact that the only people who are angry and call for a second vote are those who voted Remain in the first place. Those who voted Leave - and were supposedly lied to (and therefore would have the greatest reason to feel aggrieved, you’d have thought) show no desire whatsoever for a second vote.

In other words, the call for a second vote is just a cynical call by the tantrummy little people who lost for another go. They try to justify this cynical petulance with the patronising argument that they are just trying to protect us ignorant, common, uneducated Brexit voters from ourselves, since we are too stupid to be allowed to vote.

Those calling for a second vote are - frankly -middle-class snobs outraged that the lower orders have dared to defy their will and inconvenience them. When confronted by the fact that Brexit voters have no interest in being saved from themselves, the mask slips and they invariably descend into naked class hatred that characterises Brexit voters as racist, Neo-Nazi animals.

They are - frankly - arseholes.