Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you suppose little M junior has been traumatised by his dad's insistence on

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My local, the Brewery Tap in Ware, does genuinely tremendous pies. With mustard, normal or cheesy mash, gravy and a choice of beans or peas. They do wonders for a hangover - and only 5.99. Bargain.

Obviously, only a deviant would order beans in this situation.
    What sort of pies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What sort of pies?
    Proper shortcrust, handmade steak and ale, steak and stilton or chicken and ham. There's also a rather good steak and kidney pudding.

Mash or roasties

And gravy

I had a jerk chicken with the works and a pint of Hells. It was bloody marvellous.

No scotch eggs on match day though

Do their pies come with mashed potatoes and gravy? Chips, even? Chips, pie and gravy... sounds northern but somehow good.

Sir C "Do their pies come with mashed potatoes and gravy? Chips, even? Chips, pie and gravy... sounds northern but somehow good."

I've only been in there once
    And that was just to see if they have any interesting memorabilia on the walls
    I was outside the place before a match a year ago when there was a book signing going on
    They had a turntable set up on one of the outside tables to play high decibel noise so I moved on
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Mash or roasties

And gravy

I had a jerk chicken with the works and a pint of Hells. It was bloody marvellous.

A whole pint, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Proper shortcrust, handmade steak and ale, steak and stilton or chicken and ham. There's also a rather good steak and kidney pudding.
    Shortcrust? That's the one that's like cardboard except it sucks all the moisture out of your body and leaves you unable to chew or speak for several days?

Yep, we did.

It’s all a bit Quadrophenia in there is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I want to know if Monty and his Anus found a seat in Piebury Corner yesterday (No)
    The other week some cund nicked the tip box from the counter in that place

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Mash or roasties

And gravy

Anyone who uses the term 'roasties' deserves the bad cancer.

Do you also call vegetables 'veggies'?

Shortcrust? That's the one that's like cardboard except it sucks all the moisture out of your body and leaves you unable to chew or speak for several days?
    No. It's the one that holds the pie together properly, absorbs some of the gravy, but yields pleasingly to the tooth.

Anyone who uses the term 'roasties' deserves the bad cancer.

Do you also call vegetables 'veggies'?
    What are your feelings on contracting Yorkshire puddings to 'Yorkshires'?