Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out walking yesterday morning, at 10:55 we prepared to stop for a moment

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Jerusalem and I Vow To Thee My Country actually have a tune to them and you can imagine them being emotional to those raised in the UK who are into that sort of thing i.e. not Jorge and those of his ilk.

But some of the hymns last night were virtually impossible to actually sing. You'll get to where you think you know the tune is going, then look and realize there is one four syllable word left yet a load of notes remain, so they then stretch the one word out over all these notes so that it lasts about 5 seconds.

Nope, too much nonsense musically. And one of them was in Latin!
    For all I know, since they let chicks masquerade as priests, the C of E hymns have probably gone to hell in a handcart, too. Probably modern shít about cuddling African babies or something.

It's gay slang for an arse'ole b. An inordinately large hairy, grapey arse'ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know, this post has made me realised I've no idea what the word 'inglenook' actually means?

I could google it, but I'm afraid it would ruin the mystery. I think I prefer ignorance.

'Inglenook'. It's just lovely to say, isn't it?
    . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    . . . . . . .
    Then why would it be burning brigh... NO, DON'T ANSWER THAT!

For all I know, since they let chicks masquerade as priests, the C of E hymns have probably gone to hell in a handcart, too. Probably modern shít about cuddling African babies or something.
    I did smile when the priest started on the usual 'we must love and protect all our fellow man' sort of thing. It started off with the usual 'let's love and protect the poor, the hungry and the disabled; those suffering from mental health issues and who are persecuted as a result of race, colour and trans sexuality...'

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I did smile when the priest started on the usual 'we must love and protect all our fellow man' sort of thing. It started off with the usual 'let's love and protect the poor, the hungry and the disabled; those suffering from mental health issues and who are persecuted as a result of race, colour and trans sexuality...'

You should have stormed out, loudly protesting that you found the gendered use of the term 'man' very problematic and transphobic.

I do like the separation of ' those suffering from mental health issues' and the transers. Pretty sure there's some serious overlap in that Venn diagram.

You should have stormed out, loudly protesting that you found the gendered use of the term 'man' very problematic and transphobic.

I do like the separation of ' those suffering from mental health issues' and the transers. Pretty sure there's some serious overlap in that Venn diagram.
    It was clearly a priest moving with the times. And the fact that he's clearly as bent as nine bob note only made it funnier.

I imagined him wearing frilly knickers under his robes after he said that.