Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: A little bit of politics

A little bit of politics

Quarterly growth up to ).6% and annual now at 1.5%, that is a pretty good growth figure........not some post brexit apocalyptic meltdown.

Stick that up your fear mongering remain arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Quarterly growth up to ).6% and annual now at 1.5%, that is a pretty good growth figure........not some post brexit apocalyptic meltdown.

The thing is, The Insider, Brexit hasn't actually happened and, I'm sorry to ahve to tell you, it won't ever really happen.

I said it the day after the vote; there is no way the powers that be are going to allow this to happen. They will fudge so deeply and for so long that nothing will ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The thing is, The Insider, Brexit hasn't actually happened and, I'm sorry to ahve to tell you, it won't ever really happen.

I said it the day after the vote; there is no way the powers that be are going to allow this to happen. They will fudge so deeply and for so long that nothing will ever change.
    I remember you saying that - very prescient

That is the same GDP total that caused the following headline on Bloomberg. U.K. "GDP Report Details Make Grim Reading"

Business Investment has declined for the first 3 qtrs this year, first time that has happened since 2009.

Stick those details up yout etc etc
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I remember you saying that - very prescient
    ty la. You can't go giving hoi polloi what he wants, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That is the same GDP total that caused the following headline on Bloomberg. U.K. "GDP Report Details Make Grim Reading"

Business Investment has declined for the first 3 qtrs this year, first time that has happened since 2009.

Diane Abbott: High unemployment is to blame for knife crime.
    Narrator: We have low unemployment.
    Diane Abbott: Yeah, but the wrong sort of jobs.

I feel for once that I have to disagree with you. Firstly our world was meant to go to hell in a handcart immediately after the vote and it hasn't despite the efforts of 48% of this country's population, all the political elite and of course the famously unbiased BBC - we are at the very least holding our own.

Secondly, despite the efforts of the dickheads in Brussels to make things impossible, we will leave. Maybe not in one go and maybe not as cleanly as we want, but it is happening. Personally, I don't care if it take an additional year or so to be completely free. It is a long term solution that we voted for and it is typical of today's socially driven society that everything has to be immediate.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

"The UK’s GDP growth figures for Q3 reveal that growth has shot up to a near two year high of 0.6%. Which means that Brexit Britain grew three times as fast as the stagnating Eurozone in Q3, which posted paltry growth of only 0.2% last quarter. The Remainer refrain that Britain has slumped to the bottom of the growth league is starting to look very silly…"

I feel for once that I have to disagree with you. Firstly our world was meant to go to hell in a handcart immediately after the vote and it hasn't despite the efforts of 48% of this country's population, all the political elite and of course the famously unbiased BBC - we are at the very least holding our own.

Secondly, despite the efforts of the dickheads in Brussels to make things impossible, we will leave. Maybe not in one go and maybe not as cleanly as we want, but it is happening. Personally, I don't care if it take an additional year or so to be completely free. It is a long term solution that we voted for and it is typical of today's socially driven society that everything has to be immediate.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.....
    Oh, I agree absolutely with your first paragraph and hope fervently that your second comes to pass. I remain sceptical though, not just because of obstacles imposed by the Supreme Soviet in Brussels, but because of the gutlessness of our ruling classes.

May is selling this democratic decision straight down the river, and those who are supposed to be hoilding her to account - the likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg - are doing precisely fúck all about it.

8iixATI0_400x400.jpg