walking back from the gym between Mansion House and Cannon St. There's a square bit next to the road which I walk through which apparently is designated as a cycle area. It's about 25ft square and as I entered it a cyclist entered on the opposite side in a direction which would have taken him away from me to the other side. As soon as he saw me in the square he changed direction towards me and rode directly at me forcing me to stop. At that point he swerved away from me and gave me an earful along the lines of 'this is a f*cking cycle space'. To which I replied 'I don't care'.

He was a very ugly, skinny runt of a human being whom I could have quite easily beaten into a pulp so when he replied with 'f*ck off you bald tw@t' as he cycled away I asked him if he was man enough to say that to my face. He turned around and repeated it several times directly in front of me as I considered the extent of the assault laws in the UK. Can't really remember what I said but I think it ended with me telling him I'd be nice and not kick his head in and then gently slapped him twice on the shoulder.

All of which a) makes me hate the lycra clad c*nts even more, and b) makes me wonder if he committed a crime. Is there no law which prevents someone from being incredibly insulting and rude to an individual in public? I'm sure there is no way I could have legally beaten him senseless (more's the pity) but surely there is some point at which vermin like this have committed a crime as he was clearly looking for the confrontation.