Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I almost got in a fight yesterday - unsurprisingly - with a cyclist

So I almost got in a fight yesterday - unsurprisingly - with a cyclist

walking back from the gym between Mansion House and Cannon St. There's a square bit next to the road which I walk through which apparently is designated as a cycle area. It's about 25ft square and as I entered it a cyclist entered on the opposite side in a direction which would have taken him away from me to the other side. As soon as he saw me in the square he changed direction towards me and rode directly at me forcing me to stop. At that point he swerved away from me and gave me an earful along the lines of 'this is a f*cking cycle space'. To which I replied 'I don't care'.

He was a very ugly, skinny runt of a human being whom I could have quite easily beaten into a pulp so when he replied with 'f*ck off you bald tw@t' as he cycled away I asked him if he was man enough to say that to my face. He turned around and repeated it several times directly in front of me as I considered the extent of the assault laws in the UK. Can't really remember what I said but I think it ended with me telling him I'd be nice and not kick his head in and then gently slapped him twice on the shoulder.

All of which a) makes me hate the lycra clad c*nts even more, and b) makes me wonder if he committed a crime. Is there no law which prevents someone from being incredibly insulting and rude to an individual in public? I'm sure there is no way I could have legally beaten him senseless (more's the pity) but surely there is some point at which vermin like this have committed a crime as he was clearly looking for the confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    walking back from the gym between Mansion House and Cannon St. There's a square bit next to the road which I walk through which apparently is designated as a cycle area. It's about 25ft square and as I entered it a cyclist entered on the opposite side in a direction which would have taken him away from me to the other side. As soon as he saw me in the square he changed direction towards me and rode directly at me forcing me to stop. At that point he swerved away from me and gave me an earful along the lines of 'this is a f*cking cycle space'. To which I replied 'I don't care'.

He was a very ugly, skinny runt of a human being whom I could have quite easily beaten into a pulp so when he replied with 'f*ck off you bald tw@t' as he cycled away I asked him if he was man enough to say that to my face. He turned around and repeated it several times directly in front of me as I considered the extent of the assault laws in the UK. Can't really remember what I said but I think it ended with me telling him I'd be nice and not kick his head in and then gently slapped him twice on the shoulder.

All of which a) makes me hate the lycra clad c*nts even more, and b) makes me wonder if he committed a crime. Is there no law which prevents someone from being incredibly insulting and rude to an individual in public? I'm sure there is no way I could have legally beaten him senseless (more's the pity) but surely there is some point at which vermin like this have committed a crime as he was clearly looking for the confrontation.

You could have filmed it and posted it on social media

most cyclists, especially those in London, deserve a left turning articulated vehicle tbf
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

You could have pointed out that pedestrians always have right of way on ALL UK highways and that his behaviour was both illegal and reckless.

Tw@tting him - while satisfying - would have meant a lot of paperwork. Best just to wait until he suffers his well-deserved fate under a bus or lorry.

Is this the bit by the Sugarloaf pub & Bloomberg building? I know it well as I work on Garlick Hill.

Are you 17 years old?

There is such a law WES but there is an explicit exemption for insulting any

All of which a) makes me hate the lycra clad c*nts even more, and b) makes me wonder if he committed a crime. Is there no law which prevents someone from being incredibly insulting and rude to an individual in public?
    syrup scoffing tossers that actively support the murderous regimes of despicable middle-eastern oiligarchs. He was within his rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is this the bit by the Sugarloaf pub & Bloomberg building? I know it well as I work on Garlick Hill.
    It was you on the bike R?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It was you on the bike R?
    bowling, H
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    bowling, H
    :high-five: bro'

. . . . . . .

So he was brave enough to say it to your face and you did nothing... wd the cyclist imo 1-0
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar