Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Test Match Special?

What happened to Test Match Special?

This new Cricket Social thing is a pile of w ank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    TalkSport got the rights Listen to Guerilla Cricket which is run by a mate of mine. I may appear on it some time if I am ever in the country at the right time

Many thanks...got Gureilla switched on now.

Cricket Social just spent several minutes discussing pancakes

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    TalkSport got the rights Listen to Guerilla Cricket which is run by a mate of mine. I may appear on it some time if I am ever in the country at the right time
    I bet TalkSport are delighted they paid all that money in order to broadcast Keaton Jennings prodding his way to one of history's dreariest and least aesthetically pleasing centuries.

Honestly, he made Chris Tavare look swashbuckling.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-08-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    mandatory
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I bet TalkSport are delighted they paid all that money in order to broadcast Keaton Jennings prodding his way to one of history's dreariest and least aesthetically pleasing centuries.

Honestly, he made Chris Tavare look swashbuckling.
    He's scoring at 3 an over in a game where the top order were slagged off for the way they batted in the first innings
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He's scoring at 3 an over in a game where the top order were slagged off for the way they batted in the first innings
    He scored 4 boundaries on a flat deck against a team whose best bowler is over 40.

He scored 4 boundaries on a flat deck against a team whose best bowler is over 40.
    So what???? As you often point out, Test matches are the purest form of cricket, we have 5 days to win the game so why should he try and score quicker than he has, especially as his place has been under threat wd kj
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The bloke's swinging his stick in the middle of a constitutional crisis which is about to turn into a civil war, ffs. It's enough to put any man off his stroke, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So what???? As you often point out, Test matches are the purest form of cricket, we have 5 days to win the game so why should he try and score quicker than he has, especially as his place has been under threat wd kj
    His place is under threat because he's no fůcking good against the moving ball in testing conditions. The ability to make incredibly tedious hundreds against nothing attacks in South Asia has no bearing on that whatsoever. He is a very limited batsman and this innings stands as testimony to that fact.

The point that it was an intensely dreary innings and wholly without aesthetic merit stands.