Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, one of those standard industry dos last night.

So, one of those standard industry dos last night.

I've been going to them for 30 years. The usual suspects in attendance.

Knowing I was going to drink a fair amount I managed to avoid eating anything. Offered a line or two by several old chums. Declined. 'Invited' to join the group heading off to the titties bar. Declined. Sloped off to bed at 1, still capable of cogent thought.

As a relatively recent convert to this whole 'clean living' stuff, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is shít and not to be recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Knowing I was going to drink a fair amount I managed to avoid eating anything. Offered a line or two by several old chums. Declined. 'Invited' to join the group heading off to the titties bar. Declined. Sloped off to bed at 1, still capable of cogent thought.

As a relatively recent convert to this whole 'clean living' stuff, I can tell you with abolsute certainty that it is shít and not to be recommended.
    Tell me, does the smugness of waking up in the morning not feeling as though you're going to die imminently act as any sort of compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Tell me, does the smugness of waking up in the morning not feeling as though you're going to die imminently act as any sort of compensation?
    Absolutely not. You still have a hangover, even if it's a little milder than usual, but your soul hasn't been enriched by new experiences; no chance conversations in a toilet cubicle with an unexpectedly interesting fellow, no learning of new cultures from a Hungarian stripper called Magda, no encounters with bizarre individuals in the street whilst walking back to your hotel at 5 a.m. There's just this emptiness inside and the knowledge that you are as dull as mince and essentially dead.

Absolutely not. You still have a hangover, even if it's a little milder than usual, but your soul hasn't been enriched by new experiences; no chance conversations in a toilet cubicle with an unexpectedly interesting fellow, no learning of new cultures from a Hungarian stripper called Magda, no encounters with bizarre individuals in the street whilst walking back to your hotel at 5 a.m. There's just this emptiness inside and the knowledge that you are as dull as mince and essentially dead.
    You should get back on the psychedelics. You can have all of these experiences in the confines of your own mind, from the comfort of your own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You should get back on the psychedelics. You can have all of these experiences in the confines of your own mind, from the comfort of your own bed.
    Oh, yes. Did you open the doorsh of pershepshun out in cloggyland?

As a relatively recent convert to this whole 'clean living' stuff, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is shít and not to be recommended.
    Was there a well coordinated delivery of the food to the tables.
    I love watching those fellas who point them where to go

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Was there a well coordinated delivery of the food to the tables.
    I love watching those fellas who point them where to go
    There was. It must be like a military operation in those kitchen to get all those meals out at the same time.

The comedian was an Irish chap who simply wasn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes. Did you open the doorsh of pershepshun out in cloggyland?
    We took 33g, which would be known in the trade as a "heroic" dose.

I got The Full Monty. Dissolution of the self, vivid hallucinations, a deep sense of being a part of nature, buried childhood memories, insights into relationships, and all sorts.

It was like 20 years of psychoanalysis in 8 hours. Although worryingly my grandma's inappropriate touching didn't feature once, which suggests I'm entirely comfortable and at peace with her molestation of me

There was. It must be like a military operation in those kitchen to get all those meals out at the same time.

The comedian was an Irish chap who simply wasn't funny.
    Was there fondant potato that was still raw in the middle? That to me is the essence of black-tie mass catering.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We took 33g, which would be known in the trade as a "heroic" dose.

I got The Full Monty. Dissolution of the self, vivid hallucinations, a deep sense of being a part of nature, buried childhood memories, insights into relationships, and all sorts.

It was like 20 years of psychoanalysis in 8 hours. Although worryingly my grandma's inappropriate touching didn't feature once, which suggests I'm entirely comfortable and at peace with her molestation of me
    Yeah, everyone thinks it's a profound experience the first time. Sadly, the law of diminishing returns kicks in when you know what to expect.

No trip I ever had matched the wonder of the first one.