Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was pretty wânk, wasn't it?

I don't know on here if people are actually annoyed or taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't disagree with a word of that

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare him to Wenger at this point, especially when Wenger's recent record in big games was arguably better.
    I tyake it that means his record in "lesser" games is much better than AW's then? So progress does seem to have been made
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He's a poor man's Jordan Pickford. Why can we not have Pickford
    I like Pickford but he's too short. Leno will be our no.1 for the next 5+ years and he'll get better and better

I don't disagree with a word of that

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare him to Wenger at this point, especially when Wenger's recent record in big games was arguably better.
    Our issue was consistently dropping points against teams in the bottom half of the table. Well, that and not being able to compete with the best teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    b is just a miserable **** p

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    b is just a miserable **** p
    and monty is monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I tyake it that means his record in "lesser" games is much better than AW's then? So progress does seem to have been made
    We're four points better off than we were at the same stage last season and have the same number of points as the season before.

We definitely haven't got any worse, I'll give you that

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, f, but I'm taking the pìss in a somewhat annoyed fashion.

My take is simply that while Emery is demonstrating a decent level of competence and there are encouraging signs, the hype about him is unwarranted given that our overall position so far is no better this season than it was for years under Wenger.

It's all honeymoon period bóllocks, basically and we should judge him in May.

We're four points better off than we were at the same stage last season and have the same number of points as the season before.

We definitely haven't got any worse, I'll give you that
    So looking at those 2 facts, we are getting better... wd Monty for admitting progress has been made

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, f, but I'm taking the pìss in a somewhat annoyed fashion.

My take is simply that while Emery is demonstrating a decent level of competence and there are encouraging signs, the hype about him is unwarranted given that our overall position so far is no better this season than it was for years under Wenger.

It's all honeymoon period bóllocks, basically and we should judge him in May.
    That speaks for me too. I think there's plenty to be optimistic about - even if it is simply the placebo of removing Wenger and much of the negativity that followed him towards the end. I'm more than ready to start looking forwards rather than backwards, but when people start absurdly comparing him with Wenger at this point I'll point it out