Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Well that was pretty wânk, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You can argue that Arsenal were in decline (the results indicated that that was clearly true) without arguing that Wenger was leaving the club in a terrible state. It depends on how bad he was at managing the players and money available to him.

Not sure how anyone can suggest that Arsenal as a club weren't far ahead of where we were when he arrived. In fact, virtually every analysis of his performance - no matter how bad - started with 'let's not forget what he has done for this club but...'
    Didn’t Wenger also become mired in effectively doing a job which is carried out by 3 or 4 people at most other clubs ?
    Emery has been left to purely coach the players, whereas, reports claim that AW left the players to work out playing solutions amongst themselves ...

Not sure why Leno is getting so much stick on the goal.

Failure to hold the cross or failure to clear it into a better position, I saw somewhere a suggestion that he should simply have allowed it go across the goal without interference as Salah was not getting to it.

It was the very unfortunate slight touch off Holding which presented the ball to Milner else it was likely Kolasinac would have dealt with it.

I see nothing but tangible grounds for optimism right through the team.

You can argue that Arsenal were in decline (the results indicated that that was clearly true) without arguing that Wenger was leaving the club in a terrible state. It depends on how bad he was at managing the players and money available to him.

Not sure how anyone can suggest that Arsenal as a club weren't far ahead of where we were when he arrived. In fact, virtually every analysis of his performance - no matter how bad - started with 'let's not forget what he has done for this club but...'
    Just read this comment in a piece supposedly praising our performance on Saturday " The water damage caused by Wenger’s decline will take years to reverse". Admittedly by one of the worst football writers I have ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just read this comment in a piece supposedly praising our performance on Saturday " The water damage caused by Wenger’s decline will take years to reverse". Admittedly by one of the worst football writers I have ever read
    Water damage ? How about, ‘rusting effect’ or perhaps, ‘malignant carcinoma’ .... Jesus. Journo’s eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, f, but I'm taking the pìss in a somewhat annoyed fashion.

My take is simply that while Emery is demonstrating a decent level of competence and there are encouraging signs, the hype about him is unwarranted given that our overall position so far is no better this season than it was for years under Wenger.

It's all honeymoon period bóllocks, basically and we should judge him in May.

There is hype?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    There is hype?
    Media began to lose the run of itself a little pre-Palace with premature talk of smashing club records.

Perhaps in a rush to crown the man who many / some predicted, or hoped as the case with Monty and his type, would fail.

Certainly a B+ on his report card at this stage.

Good lord, going to tell us who that muppet is?

He certainly isn't representative of the football writers I read.

Good lord, going to tell us who that muppet is?

He certainly isn't representative of the football writers I read.
    Jonathan Liew, I assume. LA hates him

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Jonathan Liew, I assume. LA hates him
    Daniel Storey on F365 - all stats and no substance.

Actually completely reversed my opinion on Jonathan Liew - enjoy a lot of his stuff (probably more non-football) and he is quite engaging on Twitter
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 11-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Daniel Storey on F365 - all stats and no substance.

Actually completely reversed my opinion on Jonathan Liew - enjoy a lot of his stuff (probably more non-football) and he is quite engaging on Twitter
    Generally the only decent read on there is Mediawatch, such as this little piece.......
    Right-back to where you started from…
    Trent Alexander-Arnold was awful on Saturday. Like really awful. He was targeted by Arsenal from the opening whistle. The Daily Mail generously gave him 6/10, rating Fabinho as the only less accomplished player at the Emirates.

So of course Daily Mail columnist Jamie Redknapp put him in his Team of the Week.

There was literally a better right-back on the other side of the pitch, Jamie. But then you never played for Arsenal…