Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was pretty wânk, wasn't it?

When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We played pretty well, I thought. There were definite signs of what he's trying to do. There is definitely potential in this midfield pairing of Torreira and Xhaka.

Given what might have happened, I think Emery's start has been hugely encouraging.

You would do well top offer him some respect, b, for that is The Arsenal way.
    Well said Sir C Wenger Out indeed

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Well said Sir C Wenger Out indeed
    You can take your Wenger Out and poke it up your hoop, 71.

You're the one claiming 1 point from 3 big games is progress

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You're the one claiming 1 point from 3 big games is progress
    would you have been happier if we had lost just to prove a point? Given that everybody is salivating over Liverpool especially this season and their undoubted forward line, I do think that result is progress for us. Don't get me wrong - I still think we'll find it difficult to get top 4 given the quality of the other sides but we are heading in the 'right' direction surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We played pretty well, I thought. There were definite signs of what he's trying to do. There is definitely potential in this midfield pairing of Torreira and Xhaka.

Given what might have happened, I think Emery's start has been hugely encouraging.

You would do well top offer him some respect, b, for that is The Arsenal way.
    I thought we played really well Ozil was excellent, Torriera, Holding, Mustafi all very good. Xhaka was MotM for us but though VvD for them was the best player on the pitch, huge difference he's made to their defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We were horribly fragile at the back and woefully profligate in front of goal. Also, Leno is a total fùcking clown - it's like having Almunia back.
    He made one mistake when he came out and missed it and the Liverpool chap hit the post with his header. On their goal he did the correct thing and were it not for Holding sticking his leg out and deflecting it into Milner’s path we’d not be talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He made one mistake when he came out and missed it and the Liverpool chap hit the post with his header. On their goal he did the correct thing and were it not for Holding sticking his leg out and deflecting it into Milner’s path we’d not be talking about it.
    I really like him, young, great distribution and already made several brilliant saves. The one against VvD was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I really like him, young, great distribution and already made several brilliant saves. The one against VvD was superb.
    He's a poor man's Jordan Pickford. Why can we not have Pickford

would you have been happier if we had lost just to prove a point? Given that everybody is salivating over Liverpool especially this season and their undoubted forward line, I do think that result is progress for us. Don't get me wrong - I still think we'll find it difficult to get top 4 given the quality of the other sides but we are heading in the 'right' direction surely?
    I don't disagree with a word of that

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare him to Wenger at this point, especially when Wenger's recent record in big games was arguably better.

Last season we drew at home with Liverpool towards the end of the year in game that saw us play some scintilating football only to be undone by defensive ****tness, and finished the game in 5th place, some way off the top. If there has been progress, it's been very, very tentative
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-05-2018 at 10:43 AM.