Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was pretty wânk, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Indeed. Compare the reaction to when Wenger occasionally played Aubameyang on the wing to when Emery does it.

And can you imagine if Wenger had played Xhaha or Iwobi at left back?
    European Silverware. Emery 3-0 Wenger

In fact Emery 3-2 Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    European Silverware. Emery 3-0 Wenger

In fact Emery 3-2 Arsenal

Yes, although if Wenger had been competing in the UEFA Cup, rather than the Champions League, for two decades, he might have picked up a few himself too.

Indeed. Compare the reaction to when Wenger occasionally played Aubameyang on the wing to when Emery does it.

If it had turned out as well as it has then he would have been praised... Iwobi at LB worked brilliantly as he helped push them back and set up the goal
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yes, although if Wenger had been competing in the UEFA Cup, rather than the Champions League, for two decades, he might have picked up a few himself too.
    I don't know. You had to beat the likes of the mighty Galatasaray and Paok Salonika.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 11-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If it had turned out as well as it has then he would have been praised... Iwobi at LB worked brilliantly as he helped push them back and set up the goal
    And when it didn't, it would be used as evidence of his senile French ****ery.

Whereas when Xhaka costs us the game against Palace, not a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would say that it's reasonable that Emery would have as his goal for the first season CL football as a minimum benchmark of progress. Anything less than that and questions can very reasonably be asked, I think.
    I'm happy with Top 6 this year but then it must be top 4, if not challenging for the title.

And when it didn't, it would be used as evidence of his senile French ****ery.

Whereas when Xhaka costs us the game against Palace, not a peep.
    seems unfair to blame someone for standing in a position where a player pretends to run into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    seems unfair to blame someone for standing in a position where a player pretends to run into him.
    His body position smacked of a midfielder, not a left back.

There are two turds that Emery has polished up quite nicely. So to speak.

Wenger couldn't even roll them in glitter.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm happy with Top 6 this year but then it must be top 4, if not challenging for the title.
    I feel as though we need to moderate your expectations here. Challenging for the title next season...