Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: My wife ate surstromming yesterday

My wife ate surstromming yesterday

That's the manky, reeking, decomposed tinned fish enjoyed by Swedes.

She keeps gagging just at the memory of the taste and smell and claiming she can still smell it on herself, causing her to go a bit Lady Macbeth. Impressively foul stuff.

Some taste sensations simply aren't worth having. See also: tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

She keeps gagging just at the memory of the taste and smell and claiming she can still smell it on herself, causing her to go a bit Lady Macbeth. Impressively foul stuff.

Never had it, never will. The fact that someone opened a tin about 70 metres away from my place and I could still smell it is enough to tell me I don’t want to eat it (never mind the fact it smells like cats piss mixed with dog ****).

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Never had it, never will. The fact that someone opened a tin about 70 metres away from my place and I could still smell it is enough to tell me I don’t want to eat it (never mind the fact it smells like cats piss mixed with dog ****).
    Yes. She can be an oddly headstrong creature sometimes, though. Obviously it was foul - it’s fermenting, rotten fish. What did she expect?

Yes. She can be an oddly headstrong creature sometimes, though. Obviously it was foul - it’s fermenting, rotten fish. What did she expect?
    Indeed, I was married to a Swede for 5 years and even she stayed well away from the stuff, Ex-FiL ate it though

Given the choice of that or rhubarb, I'd shovel the rotting fish away with great enthusiasm.