Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agreed to go to the game yesterday. Went to the Drayton Park for a beer beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Do we still do AWIMB meet ups at the Woodbine?

Seem to recall several sessions pre / post match with you lot.
    Sarah comes down quite a lot still

Give her my regards Marve.

I believe she lost her log in details in the last site migration but is still active on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The options laid on by this establishment were:

a) Fosters b) Carlsberg c) Amstel.

Fúcking hell, even ordering a small Chardonnay might have been preferable...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I stood next to a father & son at the bar. Father in his mid to late 50s... dressed from head to toe in camouflage (why??!) with black Arsenal baseball cap. Son in late twenties with 'Dad' tattooed on one hand and 'Mum' on the other. Both of them insisted on spitting inside the pub every 2 or 3 minutes.

I beat a hasty retreat after finishing my pint of Amstel.
    No you didn't as I firmly believe this entire encounter is fictional but helps you perpetuate the image you have.

I used to live about 50 yards past said pub in the white apartment block by the corner with Aubert Park.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No you didn't as I firmly believe this entire encounter is fictional but helps you perpetuate the image you have.

I used to live about 50 yards past said pub in the white apartment block by the corner with Aubert Park.
    you are the village idiot so I would expect such a response from you. Phone and ask the landlord about it if you want (believe he is Northern Irish and looked like he has been doing it for a very long time - might remember you).

I stood next to a father & son at the bar. Father in his mid to late 50s... dressed from head to toe in camouflage (why??!) with black Arsenal baseball cap. Son in late twenties with 'Dad' tattooed on one hand and 'Mum' on the other. Both of them insisted on spitting inside the pub every 2 or 3 minutes.

I beat a hasty retreat after finishing my pint of Amstel.
    My kind of place then

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    My kind of place then
    It's not. The ceiling is red, there are red pillars holding the ceilings up. There are red curtains with disgusting patterns on. The drinks selection is awful. It's cash only. It stinks. I wasn't there long enough to venture to the gents but I should think that they would be another level of vile.

The place, I assume, is only ever frequented when a game is on.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    100 Drayton Park? Looks classy
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    100 Drayton Park? Looks classy
    Very nice apartment as it goes, certainly for the time which was 99-2002. No such thing as The Emirates then.

Bang on for my purposes. Close to the tube and close to the football. Mrs found it as part of a property search but I think was at first unaware of just where it was, presented to me as an option which clearly worked for me.

I remember it had a "concierge", the amiable Roy whose only job from what I could tell was to intercept parcels which were delivered during the working day.

It's not. The ceiling is red, there are red pillars holding the ceilings up. There are red curtains with disgusting patterns on. The drinks selection is awful. It's cash only. It stinks. I wasn't there long enough to venture to the gents but I should think that they would be another level of vile.

The place, I assume, is only ever frequented when a game is on.
    There would be / would have been a regular enough bunch of people in there on non-match evenings.

Option was to walk to Holloway Road or Higbury Barn.