Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agreed to go to the game yesterday. Went to the Drayton Park for a beer beforehand.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Agreed to go to the game yesterday. Went to the Drayton Park for a beer beforehand.

Blimey. What an abomination. Full of Blackpool fans taunting Arsenal fans. The place is filthy, hasn't been updated since the 60s. Not for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Blimey. What an abomination. Full of Blackpool fans taunting Arsenal fans. The place is filthy, hasn't been updated since the 60s. Not for me, thanks.
    Why would you go to the away fans' pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Because he supports seaside town teams who begin with a B

Or he's an idiot
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well it was open to home fans & I didn't have time to go back to the Woodbine. They just sort of had a back room where the made all the Blackpool fans go.

At one point there was an Arsenal fan who resembled a pig and started goading the Blackpool fans through the open door. Seconds later he charged through to them, fists a-windmilling. Beer everywhere, glass everywhere. Disgusting.

Well it was open to home fans & I didn't have time to go back to the Woodbine. They just sort of had a back room where the made all the Blackpool fans go.

At one point there was an Arsenal fan who resembled a pig and started goading the Blackpool fans through the open door. Seconds later he charged through to them, fists a-windmilling. Beer everywhere, glass everywhere. Disgusting.
    Just your sort of caper Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Just your sort of caper Rich?
    I stood next to a father & son at the bar. Father in his mid to late 50s... dressed from head to toe in camouflage (why??!) with black Arsenal baseball cap. Son in late twenties with 'Dad' tattooed on one hand and 'Mum' on the other. Both of them insisted on spitting inside the pub every 2 or 3 minutes.

I beat a hasty retreat after finishing my pint of Amstel.

I stood next to a father & son at the bar. Father in his mid to late 50s... dressed from head to toe in camouflage (why??!) with black Arsenal baseball cap. Son in late twenties with 'Dad' tattooed on one hand and 'Mum' on the other. Both of them insisted on spitting inside the pub every 2 or 3 minutes.

No doubt they have season tickets right next to the away section...

and,

Amstel

The absolute worst of the Dutch beers. Even Bavaria is better than Amstel.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No you didn't as I firmly believe this entire encounter is fictional but helps you perpetuate the image you have.

I used to live about 50 yards past said pub in the white apartment block by the corner with Aubert Park.

My kind of place then

because he's a fúcking idiot.

it is an absolute shít tip of a pub.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”