Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agreed to go to the game yesterday. Went to the Drayton Park for a beer beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There would be / would have been a regular enough bunch of people in there on non-match evenings.

Option was to walk to Holloway Road or Higbury Barn.
    Well I would prefer to sit in my house and drink home brew than give that place any of my hard-earned Sterling. What a shame the owners have let it become what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well I would prefer to sit in my house and drink home brew than give that place any of my hard-earned Sterling. What a shame the owners have let it become what it is.
    Hold on, it was never nice, it was just a place between the train station and home which sold beer.

As it stands it is an away fans pub so it is highly unlikely to be nice, landlord knows he can make enough money every two weeks to keep him ticking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's not. The ceiling is red, there are red pillars holding the ceilings up. There are red curtains with disgusting patterns on. The drinks selection is awful. It's cash only. It stinks. I wasn't there long enough to venture to the gents but I should think that they would be another level of vile.

The place, I assume, is only ever frequented when a game is on.
    Don't ever assume I can't make myself at home in such a venue