Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A what point does one become "rich"* in leftie speak?

A what point does one become "rich"* in leftie speak?

*I'm not referring to metamorphosing into our resident GP

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As far as I can make out, you're in their sights the minute you start having to pay 40%. There's currently an article in The Guardian demanding that Labour pledge to reverse these tax cuts on the basis that they're supposed to act for the many rather than the few.

Putting aside the sheer electoral suicide of such an act, I'd have thought 32 million people was the many rather than the few.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    When you don't live in Our poverty. It's perfectly simple: if you can't afford an iPhone 8 and have to make do with your crappy old iPhone 7S, you're living in poverty and bástard Tories are literally trying to kill you. Once you can afford an upgrade, you're an evil Far Right thug dtermined to undermine Our NHS and cause transes to suicied themselves.

Easy, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    When you don't live in Our poverty. It's perfectly simple: if you can't afford an iPhone 8 and have to make do with your crappy old iPhone 7S, you're living in poverty and bástard Tories are literally trying to kill you. Once you can afford an upgrade, you're an evil Far Right thug dtermined to undermine Our NHS and cause transes to suicied themselves.

Easy, see?
    Man dem don't do upgrades I buy my phones

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Man dem don't do upgrades I buy my phones
    You are clearly a Far Right reactionary element and I'm going to have to report you to Our Jeremy.

You are clearly a Far Right reactionary element and I'm going to have to report you to Our Jeremy.
    hmm, I am also confused I like now to buy nice clothing. but I understand very poor people also do this to show off rather than eat. how can one tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As far as I can make out, you're in their sights the minute you start having to pay 40%. There's currently an article in The Guardian demanding that Labour pledge to reverse these tax cuts on the basis that they're supposed to act for the many rather than the few.

Putting aside the sheer electoral suicide of such an act, I'd have thought 32 million people was the many rather than the few.
    I doubt it's about detail or anything like that. It's merely one of the numberless slurs they use for people they don't like.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Easy, see?
    I recently eschewed the additional expense of the 8, in favour of a cracking deal on a 7s. There's pretty much FA between most of the iphones from what I can discern, aside from louder speakers and camera improvements. From my perspective, if you're that bothered about picture quality from your phone then stop being a knob and go all out on a proper 35mm job.

7S - 10mb, £50 quid down and..... 27 quid a month.. Now, unless you're 14 and use snapchat or Instagram to excess, this is an absolute no brainer for a chap in his 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I recently eschewed the additional expense of the 8, in favour of a cracking deal on a 7s. There's pretty much FA between most of the iphones from what I can discern, aside from louder speakers and camera improvements. From my perspective, if you're that bothered about picture quality from your phone then stop being a knob and go all out on a proper 35mm job.

7S - 10mb, £50 quid down and..... 27 quid a month.. Now, unless you're 14 and use snapchat or Instagram to excess, this is an absolute no brainer for a chap in his 50's.
    I can't tell one from the other, to be quite honest. Every couple of years a new one arrives, but it's fúck all to do with me. I think I've got an 8 but can't be sure.

I can't tell one from the other, to be quite honest. Every couple of years a new one arrives, but it's fúck all to do with me. I think I've got an 8 but can't be sure.
    I think I've got a 7 Plus. I've really no idea, though. I keep promising myself I'll liberate myself from Apple's tyranny, but that would involve actually finding stuff about about telephones and I don't understand how the music thing would then work.

All in all, I'm hopelessly lost.