Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Labour types are cross with the BBC for saying 32 million people will get a tax cut

Labour types are cross with the BBC for saying 32 million people will get a tax cut

I'm not really sure why, thought, since it is quite clearly true.

I mean I loathe the current government, but cutting taxes is sort of what the tories are for, isn't it?

Píssing away money into the poxy black hole that is the NHS, however, is not.

Is that not the same poxy black hole that saved your life when you

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not really sure why, thought, since it is quite clearly true.

I mean I loathe the current government, but cutting taxes is sort of what the tories are for, isn't it?

Píssing away money into the poxy black hole that is the NHS, however, is not.
    were struck by the ghastly bollickular cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    were struck by the ghastly bollickular cancer?
    The same poxy NHS that I had to fùcking well tell what I had, since the idiot foreign A&E doctor who barely spoke English to whom I'd been referred was trying to tell me I had an STD, you mean? Left to them, I'd have been popping antibiotics while the fùcking cancer ate me alive.
    The same NHS that ensured my daughter and her mother came home from their filthy hospital with MRSA? That sent her mother home early despite us repeatedly insisting that she had a history of DVTs and needed careful monitoring? And that then had to re-admit her a week or so later when she came down with - you fùcking guessed it - a DVT and nearly died?

Get fùcked with your 'saved my life' drivel. It's a fùcking health service in one of the richest countries on the planet. Saving lives from easly-treatable illnesses is what it's fùcking meant to do. And yet its health outcomes are worse than virtually any other system in the developed world. It's a pile of money-sucking, Stalinist shít.

I think you need to calm down b or you'll be having a stroke! (which will

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The same poxy NHS that I had to fùcking well tell what I had, since the idiot foreign A&E doctor who barely spoke English to whom I'd been referred was trying to tell me I had an STD, you mean? Left to them, I'd have been popping antibiotics while the fùcking cancer ate me alive.
    The same NHS that ensured my daughter and her mother came home from their filthy hospital with MRSA? That sent her mother home early despite us repeatedly insisting that she had a history of DVTs and needed careful monitoring? And that then had to re-admit her a week or so later when she came down with - you fùcking guessed it - a DVT and nearly died?

Get fùcked with your 'saved my life' drivel. It's a fùcking health service in one of the richest countries on the planet. Saving lives from easly-treatable illnesses is what it's fùcking meant to do. And yet its health outcomes are worse than virtually any other system in the developed world. It's a pile of money-sucking, Stalinist shít.
    doubtless be diagnosed by Dr Olé Mbabba BiscuitWit as a mild migraine).

It's all down to funding b and since we had to hand it all over to your friends in the banking sector there's only enough left to hire the likes of Dr Olé.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    doubtless be diagnosed by Dr Olé Mbabba BiscuitWit as a mild migraine).

It's all down to funding b and since we had to hand it all over to your friends in the banking sector there's only enough left to hire the likes of Dr Olé.
    It's only to do with funding only to the extent that our centrally-funded, free-at-the-point-of-use model is unaffordable and wildly inefficient - as other first-world countries have realised (hence they've avoided it like the fùcking plague).

Go to the GP in France (which is regularly held up as the best health service in the world) and if you are earning, you will be charged a fee. This both puts off the time-wasters who clog up waiting rooms and helps fund the system, making it better and more efficient. Try introducing that in this country and the likes of you will all throw your hands up in horror and start bleating about 'selling our NHS off' and demand the head of whoever suggests it. You treat it like a sacred cow - which makes reforming it virtually impossible and commits successive governments to the ever more useless, money-wasting exercise of increasing its already-vast funding.

PFI was a cack-handed attempt to address the vast funding gap in the NHS. It was enthusiastically rolled out by Labour and did actually achieve better, cleaner hospitals in the short term while saddling them with long-term debt. It was a poor solution to the massive structural problem of the unaffordability of our healthcare model. However, until such time as people like you are prepared to countenance other, more radical solutions, the NHS won't improve.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-30-2018 at 11:11 AM.