Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That crash in Indonesia sort of ****ed my fear of flying method of booking

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's easily the most comfortable commercial aircraft in service, f. I've done about 10 trips on the 787 now and if travelling long haul I'll choose one operator over another if they're using it. It's so quiet and the environment is so much nicer because of the pressurisation being set so much lower. After dinner just set your seat to flat, get your blankie and pillow from a hostie, and I guarantee you'll sleep like a baby all the way there.
    I usually fly from Stockholm to Heathrow on the new A320s with the quieter engines. It’s quite a weird feeling on takeoff hearing a high pitched whistle rather than a roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I watched a video on YouTube of a business class flight on one of the Middle East airlines. They had separate rooms for each ticket and for the ones in the middle of the plane they installed fake windows that were screens being fed images from cameras outside of the plane. So they were getting a view of what they’d have seen were they actually in a window seat. ****ing mental.
    was it whenitraveltheworld on youtube? he is a friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    was it whenitraveltheworld on youtube? he is a friend of mine.
    Can’t remember the account. It was a Chinese looking fella.

They don't have pitots on Chipmunks you lying old stoat

Well it has happened before... I wouldn't say it's common.

I've done it myuself several times
    . . . . . . . .

Looks like they might have taken off with the pitot covers still on.

Daft búggers.
    Now obviously we all know what you are talking about... but for anyone logging on for the first time, what the hell are you on about?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Now obviously we all know what you are talking about... but for anyone logging on for the first time, what the hell are you on about?
    Little tube which pokes out of the aeroplane to determine how fast you're going. On the ground you put a little condom on it to stop waspies and so forth from entering the system. If you forget to remove said condom, you can't tell how fast you're going and soon enough, soankeroo will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Pitot tubes. Effectively flowmeters that sit under the plane and measure airspeed. So if you have the covers on, you don't know how fast or slow you're going. This can end badly.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-29-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Pitot tubes. Effectively flowmeters that sit under the plane and measure airspeed. So if you have the covers on, you don't know how fast or slow you're going. This can end badly.
    It's a pressure differential sensor to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Reminds me of Theo

What do you mean you can't tell how fast you are going? Just look out the feckin window and see how fast the clouds and birds are zipping by. Do you Airplane Johnnies ever actually fly sober?