Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought Xhaka was bloody marvellous yesterday.

I thought Xhaka was bloody marvellous yesterday.

Then I see people balming him for the penalty. I'm not sure what more he could have done to avoid giving away a penalty, given that he clearly moved out of the way and made no sort of challenge at all

Poor Alex Iwobi had a proper 'mare, didn't he? Tired, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Then I see people balming him for the penalty. I'm not sure what more he could have done to avoid giving away a penalty, given that he clearly moved out of the way and made no sort of challenge at all

The only thing Xhaka did wrong in that incident was to get himself too square on. It wasn't a pelanty on the replay but it did look pelanty-ish in real time just because of the position Xhaka got himself into.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The first penalty was worse. Mustafi lunging in like that. Ridiculous scenes. Xhaka did ok. But, he’s no fullback. There was always going to be a moment when Zaha ran at him inside the box, and it was never going to end well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    The only thing Xhaka did wrong in that incident was to get himself too square on. It wasn't a pelanty on the replay but it did look pelanty-ish in real time just because of the position Xhaka got himself into.
    Spot on if you pardon the pun. Couldn't really argue with the ref giving it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Spot on if you pardon the pun. Couldn't really argue with the ref giving it
    AL playing a stupid pass and then Mustaffi not fouling the bloke 50 yards form goal
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    AL playing a stupid pass and then Mustaffi not fouling the bloke 50 yards form goal
    There were a few players off their game yesterday tbf - lots of miscontrols, poor passes etc. Similar peformance last season and we would have been beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The first penalty was worse. Mustafi lunging in like that. Ridiculous scenes. Xhaka did ok. But, he’s no fullback. There was always going to be a moment when Zaha ran at him inside the box, and it was never going to end well for us.
    First one should never have happened. Pretty sure Holding was fouled in the play leading up to it.

Ref liked to see Torreira being kicked about.

I called it in the summer.

Xhaka will be our new no6 by the end of the season.

#UnaiRastafari

He be smoking the herb imo

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There were a few players off their game yesterday tbf - lots of miscontrols, poor passes etc. Similar peformance last season and we would have been beaten
    Iwobi, Lacazette, Ozil, Lichtsteiner, Aubameyang were all below par. Mustafi was Mustafi.

Holding, Xhaka, Guendouzi and Torreira were excellent.

Iwobi, Lacazette, Ozil, Lichtsteiner, Aubameyang were all below par. Mustafi was Mustafi.

Holding, Xhaka, Guendouzi and Torreira were excellent.
    I actually thought Guendozi was a leetle bit off his game (understable in one so young). Thought he was wonderful the other night, such a range of passing and brains to go with it. How the hell was he playing in the French second division last year