Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So a 5th world title for Hamilton

So a 5th world title for Hamilton

He’s obviously a very talented driver but there’s something deeply underwhelming about F1. A bit like watching Celtic run away with the SPL every year.
    No matter how comfortable the margin of victory in a vastly superior car, it always amuses me to see all the back slapping and ecstatic cavorting about as he crosses the chequered flag.
    #how****isf1

Only recently got back into this after my sister confessed to being a hard core fan.

Always cross check my F1 bets with her now

Completely different to the golf nerd at work. All he fkin chats about is golf. So said to him to give me some tips and I’ll give him 50% of the profits with zero risk on his side. Never heard from him again

Would’ve thought most people would he happy with a free money offer.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He’s obviously a very talented driver but there’s something deeply underwhelming about F1. A bit like watching Celtic run away with the SPL every year.
    No matter how comfortable the margin of victory in a vastly superior car, it always amuses me to see all the back slapping and ecstatic cavorting about as he crosses the chequered flag.
    #how****isf1
    I met him once. Just briefly. A handshake and a how-do-you-do.

That was enough. The bloke is dead behind the eyes.

#how****isf1
    The fact that you think he has had a vastly superior car this season shows you know **** all about F1 tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The fact that you think he has had a vastly superior car this season shows you know **** all about F1 tbh
    That's definitely true. I remember them saying that Ferrari had some power advantage in Belgium but it obviously didn't last too long as the excited bloke on the tele started banging on about tyres and mods being introduced by Merc.
    Either way, Vettel's fallen by the wayside, I assume its not all down to him being sh*t, therefore the sport comes across as being a bit of an anti climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I met him once. Just briefly. A handshake and a how-do-you-do.

That was enough. The bloke is dead behind the eyes.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Theo Walcott?

It's an easy mistake to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Theo Walcott?

It's an easy mistake to make.
    Only if Theo Walcott was visiting Mercedes-Benz UK HQ dressed in a nomex suit. It's possible, of course.

I liked Theo. He was a polite young man and he spoke (almost) properly.

That's definitely true. I remember them saying that Ferrari had some power advantage in Belgium but it obviously didn't last too long as the excited bloke on the tele started banging on about tyres and mods being introduced by Merc.
    Either way, Vettel's fallen by the wayside, I assume its not all down to him being sh*t, therefore the sport comes across as being a bit of an anti climax.
    Oh and I admit I know **** all about really as well . Ferrari definitely had a decent car just made too many **** ups. I think we should appreciate Hamilton is ****ing good though - clincher for me is how when it rains he is head and shoulders above anyone else which is always a sign of the best driver

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh and I admit I know **** all about really as well . Ferrari definitely had a decent car just made too many **** ups. I think we should appreciate Hamilton is ****ing good though - clincher for me is how when it rains he is head and shoulders above anyone else which is always a sign of the best driver
    This.

Red Bull and Ferrari have cars suited to certain tracks whereas the Merc is more of an allrounder but really Ferrari should have had this championship sewn up but made to many silly errors