Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wow. Cesc's up for coming back to us and his contact's up in 7 months.

  1. #1

    Wow. Cesc's up for coming back to us and his contact's up in 7 months.

    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...otball+Feed%29

    Is he still any good? {I only watch us, no-one else, so it's a genuine question.}

    I mean, would it be worth getting him on a free? If Rambo's going that's cover for the No.10 position, especially as Dick seems to like Iwobi and Mhikky out wide as they track back and don't drift inside all the time. {Hector seems better with Mhikky in front of him.}

    But could he play in Xhaka's role in front of LT11? The Cesc of old was better defensively than Xhaka is, and if you told him not to bomb forward I'm sure he'd do it. {He could cover the wide positions too if he does what he's told.} And his passing from deep used to be at least as good as Xhaka's is. We could have him, Ozil and HM7 behind the striker. Back to the AW days of packing the team with no.10s.

    I'm not saying replace Xhaka with him, but he'd be a great addition to the squad if Rambo's going - as long as he's still got it.

    So has he? Could he come back to us and win us the league that a thug tackle, a wrongly given penalty and that idiot Gallas's strop denied him?

  2. #2
    No.. Cesc has Wenger dna. Just canít see Emery giving that one airspace.

    Also, That ****ing backheel

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    No.. Cesc has Wenger dna. Just can’t see Emery giving that one airspace.

    Also, That ****ing backheel
    Yeah, but he has looked overjoyed on the touchline when we scored classic Wengerball goals. Did his old teams like Seville score the Rambo goal one week and then the PEA14 one the next?

    He seems to be giving them some organisation discipline, finding out the best team without favourites, trying to improve the defence and defensive side of the game, but leaving the attackers to keep Wengering it into the net.

    This could be good - like when AW built on GG's back 5.

    If we're losing Rambo and need someone that can play in the no.8 or 10 role, the old Cesc would have been perfect, esp on a free.

    That's why I want to know what he's playing like nowadays.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yeah, but he has looked overjoyed on the touchline when we scored classic Wengerball goals. Did his old teams like Seville score the Rambo goal one week and then the PEA14 one the next?

    He seems to be giving them some organisation discipline, finding out the best team without favourites, trying to improve the defence and defensive side of the game, but leaving the attackers to keep Wengering it into the net.

    This could be good - like when AW built on GG's back 5.

    If we're losing Rambo and need someone that can play in the no.8 or 10 role, the old Cesc would have been perfect, esp on a free.

    That's why I want to know what he's playing like nowadays.
    Two more reasons.
    He'd only bump up the already over inflated wage bill, which, I'm pretty sure, alongside other priorities, ( an LB ), is why Ramsey's contract was withdrawn.
    We also have a lot of midfield options, and what looks like a promising clutch of yoots waiting in the wings. Smith Rowe, Maitland Niles, Nelson etc.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...otball+Feed%29

    Is he still any good? {I only watch us, no-one else, so it's a genuine question.}

    I mean, would it be worth getting him on a free? If Rambo's going that's cover for the No.10 position, especially as Dick seems to like Iwobi and Mhikky out wide as they track back and don't drift inside all the time. {Hector seems better with Mhikky in front of him.}

    But could he play in Xhaka's role in front of LT11? The Cesc of old was better defensively than Xhaka is, and if you told him not to bomb forward I'm sure he'd do it. {He could cover the wide positions too if he does what he's told.} And his passing from deep used to be at least as good as Xhaka's is. We could have him, Ozil and HM7 behind the striker. Back to the AW days of packing the team with no.10s.

    I'm not saying replace Xhaka with him, but he'd be a great addition to the squad if Rambo's going - as long as he's still got it.

    So has he? Could he come back to us and win us the league that a thug tackle, a wrongly given penalty and that idiot Gallas's strop denied him?
    Fvck him, that little skank can suck a bag of d!cks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Fvck him, that little skank can suck a bag of d!cks.
    We had first option to sign him back but we'd bought Ozil the year before. Not really his fault - though I'd rather he hadn't joined a UK (or even London) rival.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Two more reasons.
    He'd only bump up the already over inflated wage bill, which, I'm pretty sure, alongside other priorities, ( an LB ), is why Ramsey's contract was withdrawn.
    We also have a lot of midfield options, and what looks like a promising clutch of yoots waiting in the wings. Smith Rowe, Maitland Niles, Nelson etc.
    I doubt money would be a issue for us nowadays, thanks to Wenger.

    No, the trouble is finding players worth spending it on.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    No.. Cesc has Wenger dna. Just canít see Emery giving that one airspace.

    Also, That ****ing backheel
    Seen .....
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •