Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And next up....Chelsea vs Alex Hleb

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never at any point said he was not a fantastic footballer.

Merely I have said I would not disrupt the balance of the current midfield duo of Torreira and Xhaka for him, nor would I remove Ozil from the 10 position in his stead. To accommodate him in a 3 man midfield with the aforementioned duo then lovely.

Boss eyed little Spanish shíthouse that he is.
    I'd drop Ozil for him in the blink of an eye. His ability to carry a team by force of will alone made him twice the player Ozil has been for us - and as you know I am a great admirer of the googly-eyed pretendy-German.

It's all about opions, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    David Rocastle.
    Patrick Vieira.

There's two midfielders better than Fabregas imo.
    Have you received a blow to the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd drop Ozil for him in the blink of an eye. His ability to carry a team by force of will alone made him twice the player Ozil has been for us - and as you know I am a great admirer of the googly-eyed pretendy-German.

It's all about opions, isn't it?
    You hate Germans also, possibly a legacy of your Dutch heritage.

I can understand it though it reflects poorly on you as a person.

I don't hate English footballers or people in comparison.

Now, Patrick Vieria was a simply magnificent footballer. Let there be no doubt on that please.

We were so ridiculously fúcking spoiled in that 5-6 year period that sometimes it is easy to forget or overlook.

If you are singling out Fabregas for his ability to carry a team then may I suggest you look at a video of the Spurs cup semi-final at Old Trafford in 2000 and whatever and witness a midfield display that defined midfield football of that era.

LA will be along presently to point another game I am sure.

Now, Patrick Vieria was a simply magnificent footballer. Let there be no doubt on that please.

We were so ridiculously fúcking spoiled in that 5-6 year period that sometimes it is easy to forget or overlook.

If you are singling out Fabregas for his ability to carry a team then may I suggest you look at a video of the Spurs cup semi-final at Old Trafford in 2000 and whatever and witness a midfield display that defined midfield football of that era.

LA will be along presently to point another game I am sure.
    Ray Parlour at Anfield December 2001 - simply the finest display I have ever seen in Arsenal shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ray Parlour at Anfield December 2001 - simply the finest display I have ever seen in Arsenal shirt
    The 2-1 minus GvB?

The 2-1 minus GvB?
    That's the one - Kanu alongside him in midfield. Bossed the game with 10 men and showed the over-rated show pony Gerrard what a real footballer is (obviously helped having Pires, Henry and Freddie taking the piss out of their shocking defence in front of him, and Keown, Campbell, Cole and Lauren behind). Christ we were spoilt

No.

All about opinions, innit.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

And the fact you place that boss-eyed little pikey traitor above

Fabregas in his pomp was the best midfield player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. And I say that having watched Brady in his pomp.
    the majestic Liam Brady shows you are way past your pomp.

Anyway, this wánking holiday up in The Lakes. Room for one more?